Championshowpigs
Need advise with scours. Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Need advise with scours. Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Need advise with scours. Truegl10
Need advise with scours. Lazyoa10
Need advise with scours. Reunio10
Need advise with scours. Southt10
Need advise with scours. Topofo10
Need advise with scours. Cainsiresstatic
Need advise with scours. Carter10

Need advise with scours.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HogWild

Need advise with scours. Empty
PostSubject: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty1st December 2011, 8:39 am

I have a 70lb barrow that scoured about a week ago. I have tried probian paste, eggs and imodium, and now trying yogurt. All things I have see on websites or heard from others. He is not solid yet / more of a cow pie consistancy with the ocasional squirt. I got him solid enough to worm him and did so this morning. Also his anus is a little swollin. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ChampionShowPigs

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty1st December 2011, 10:38 am

Your question has been posted on our facebook page! Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trivswine

trivswine

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty1st December 2011, 2:19 pm

spectomyacin about three squirts in the mouth twice a day for a couple of days should help. PS they love the taste of it
Back to top Go down
HogWild

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty1st December 2011, 3:15 pm

Thanks,

I'm checking into getting some shipped to me.
Back to top Go down
zube13

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty2nd December 2011, 12:07 am

keopectin or keopectate. for livestock or even humans is a great way to go. i keep this in my show box 24/7. my pigs like the pepermint flavor....that is a quick way to tighen up there stool...also u can give it a water souable antibotic such as duramycin, this will help. another great thing to have is spectremhalt it is a scour med for piglets, it is labled for pigs under 20lbs but is fine to b used on pigs much larger. also scour ease is a great product. or any gelling agent. u can find these at ur local farm store. just ask for there vet section/scour medicine. 70% of the ppl that work at feed and farm stores know alot about the product and have basic knowledge in how to use it. if ur near any tractor supply or dels feed and farm supply they r a great place to start. we strive to help out ppl n any way possible.
Back to top Go down
HogWild

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty2nd December 2011, 8:01 am

Thanks for the advise. Question: With the swollen anus, could that be a sign of worms? Could it be something worse or could it be that he scouring and irritating it? Again any advise would be great.
Back to top Go down
hogdoc

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty6th December 2011, 4:01 pm

The swelling is pretty common when pigs scour. In a 70 pound ig a couple common causes of scours are salmonella and ileitis.
Neomycin or spectinomycin (although the dose suggested was pretty low) would both be good choices for salmonella and tylan is a common treatment for ileitis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goinshowin.com
HogWild

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty8th December 2011, 11:31 am

Thanks, Hogdoc,

I will try the spectr again, because it didn't work and i am guessing i did not give enough.
Back to top Go down
HogWild

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty26th December 2011, 1:51 pm

UPDATE:

I tried everything to get rid of those scours. In the end nothing worked. I dropped down for 20% protein feed to 18% protein feed and within 5 days everything is back to normal. After all that the protein level was to high. Thanks for all the advise and i hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a safe and happy New Year. God Bless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advise with scours.   Need advise with scours. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advise with scours.
Page 1 of 1