Championshowpigs
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Truegl10
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Lazyoa10
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Reunio10
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Southt10
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Topofo10
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Cainsiresstatic
AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Carter10

AI vs Breeding

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
New2pigs

AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty19th July 2010, 3:01 pm

It's like calving, some come like they should, so come backwards and if you are lucky you get a set of twins and the mom takes both.

Do you like heat lamps over the heating pads?
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty19th July 2010, 3:06 pm

i dont know never had any heating pads.. th heat lamps you ahve to becareful with em. and not only birth problems but sometimes you might get a sow that dont want them are they will try to eat there own babies and can even attack you
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
New2pigs

PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty19th July 2010, 3:28 pm

My sister had a sow that ate her babies, she always thought it was stress on the sows part. She was able to sell her and she (sow) continued to eat the next several litters with the other family. Is it something to do with mineral or vitimin deficiency, strees or a combination of both?

That's why when people come over, I try and get them to go with our son to see the pigs. He goes in and they stand outside the pen. So they'll get use to strangers, pigs that is. Ruby is attached to me and Garnet could care less. I guess it should be that way if we plan on eating her (Garnet). Ruby is the HOG, she wants all the food, all the attention and your right foot (she knows the difference and will change sides to put her foot on top of your right foot only). She does bite, we are working on that now. But it's not an out to get you bite like Gilbert did. It's more like hey what this. I had to stop wearing tennis shoes, because between the two of them they ate the laces off my right shoe. Rubber boats are fine as long as you can stand them rubbing their teeth on your boot. I think they like the sound it makes.

How deep of litter (hay) do you put down at first and then how often do you add and how much?

When can the babies be let out of their shelter?

Do you give yours iron shots? Is there something else we could do to make it eaiser on our son when the time comes, besides the iron shots. I don't think we have to worry about knotching their ears (since they can't be registered). Depending on the boar, I guess we can relay on their markings.

Do you cut the piglets needle teeth out? If so, how old do you do that?
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty19th July 2010, 4:55 pm

You dont have to worry to much about their feet . Just as long as it is not just straight concrete , they are fine. Even straight concrete is ok and clean, but i would not recommend it. You will know when to change out the hay.
You can let out the babies at any time just as long as the weather permits. We usually let them hit the ground at about 5 weeks.

Iron shots should be given within the first 72 hours after birth.

We cut the teeth at about 48 hours after birth. For the most part we do everything together
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
New2pigs

PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty20th July 2010, 8:21 am

Do you have to cut the needle teeth of the babies?

Is there a iron paste for them out on the market?

How much space do you need between the boar and the sow with her litter?

What tools are required to do AI?

Are the rods different if you using them on a 1st time gilt and a proven sow?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI vs Breeding   AI vs Breeding - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AI vs Breeding
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2