Championshowpigs
need weight fast!! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
need weight fast!! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
need weight fast!! Truegl10
need weight fast!! Lazyoa10
need weight fast!! Reunio10
need weight fast!! Southt10
need weight fast!! Topofo10
need weight fast!! Cainsiresstatic
need weight fast!! Carter10

need weight fast!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty7th July 2010, 10:34 pm

i have 14 days til county fair need at least 15 pounds. any and all comments would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty7th July 2010, 10:55 pm

Aufdey .. put a full feeder on it and walk it a bit more so it gets hungrier?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
g5farms

g5farms

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty8th July 2010, 12:03 am

At this point, just increase the feed. You might not want to make any drastic moves this close to the show exact keep on schedule. Your pig at this point should still be gaining at least 1.5 pounds per day, so technically you should be fine. Full feed is probably the way you want to go with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty8th July 2010, 10:25 am

15 lbs in 14days thats not to bad by Now it should be doing a average daily gain of at least 1.5-2lbs a daily just like G/5 mentioned....just have FAITH IN YOUR SELF and keep that POSITIVE THINKING you can Make the weight just push it,a bit harder in its excersise a bit longer and put it in a full feeder BUT JUST KEEP in mind you only have 1.5 to gain a bit more than that i don't know if you a try to reach the heavy weight mark or the light weight mark so keep track of its weight every other day to average its daily gain with the full feeding? i hope this can help!! cheers
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty8th July 2010, 11:43 pm

thanks everyone but i went to a guy down the road and i think its more than 15 maybe. but im not for sure. its been cool around here so that helps alot.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty8th July 2010, 11:56 pm

So you think you have more than 15 days till the show is that what you are saying? well do this to help you out weigh the hog and you are going to average out its daily gain..by multiplying the number of days to the daily gain of the hog and you add its daily gain with its weight and thats what your weight range should be? Hope this helps you a bit ?
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty9th July 2010, 12:11 am

Where are you located?is it a county show or a Jackpot ?
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty9th July 2010, 11:45 am

more than 15 pounds to go. i am in central nebraska. lincoln county, north plate is the county host. and its a county fair. we dont have the best show pigs this year we breed ours usually but it didnt come through. so we went out and purchased ours. i have a gilt i would like to ai come winter for our county fair and would like to post pictures to see what boar everyone thought i should use.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty9th July 2010, 12:40 pm

WOAH...more than 15lbs but whats your weight look like at this time do you know?are you in the 200's you think? what is your gilts breed the you want to breed?
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty9th July 2010, 12:56 pm

ya id guess that our 8 pigs range from 235 to 197. they have to be atleast 220 to sell. but the ones we plain on keeping to breed are to of the 3 smallest. idk what i want to breed her to. she is a bluebutt cross. iwant to make her pigs the most complete pigs. she is a long lean and strong in the shoulders. but i think she could become more big bonned. but a compact complete boar is what ithink could help her. but im just a 16 year old. me and my dad just started breeding a couple years ago and ive showed since i was 8 but still dont no much about breeding.
Back to top Go down
triple s show pigs

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty9th July 2010, 9:31 pm

use some moor fat i put 30 lbs on in one week last year
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty10th July 2010, 12:09 am

yeah i've used moor fat with the pwr fill and the pwr fuel all at once to get them wider and gain so more weight ?
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty10th July 2010, 2:24 am

are this hogs penned up by pairs or are they penned by them selfs? the best thing to do is put them on a full feeder and some moor fat and pwr fuel and pwr fill all together in the feed?
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty11th July 2010, 10:57 am

they are all penned together on self feeders and we have a mineral substence that are coop sells that we are using.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty11th July 2010, 2:34 pm

i would put a full feeder and avrage there in take 8 hogs penned up together SHOULD BE eaten at least 200lbs in at least 1 -2 days... whats the percentage of the feed you all are feeding them? i would have them on a 19.5 % - 18 % to make them gain the proper weight they need to gain.. and depending on there conformation i'll add some supplements like moor fat, power fuel, power fill..etc.
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty11th July 2010, 3:26 pm

we have them on honor show feed at 19% and on one of there additive.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty11th July 2010, 3:35 pm

thats a good percentage .. whats the supplement you have them on ..power fill power fuel..champion drive... i wel do this the ones you are keeping as breeding gilts separate them and consentrate on the ones you are limited to make them gain weight.. put them on a full feeder and push them hard on there excersise also the more they move the hungrier thoses hogs get?
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty11th July 2010, 4:46 pm

i am not for sure i think we are on power fill. i really dont remember we burned the bags a couple weeks ago but stil have some of the feed. we walk them all every day. our breeding gilts we are going to keep dont really carry that much weight to them. i think the down fall in the gilt i own is she is long but skinny. its seems that the judges like thicker through the middle pigs. which is the type of boar i would like to breed her too.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty15th July 2010, 1:21 am

put them on some moor fat for 2-3wks and see if they get a bit thicker some time i've used pure lard in there feed to maintain them with fat? hope all this has helped you in some way ? GOOD LUCK and keep us informed in there progress? if you have any doubts or concerns fell free to post it up and will be happy to help you in some way or another..THANKXS.. HEADS UP AND HAVE FAITH IN YOUR SELF?
Back to top Go down
aufdey81

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty27th July 2010, 10:44 am

well most of our pigs made weight. and we got champion weight of gain on one and champion breeding gilt. thanks for the help everyone esspecially jay. thanks
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty27th July 2010, 5:42 pm

cheers CONGRATES..!!!..Aufdey...Great Job keep up the GREAT work .. so now you know that true dedication and hard work really pays off huh. so how where there daily gain since you started them on the advice i recommended you. Thank You for taking the time and listening to what i had to say to you. Any thing to help NATIONS YOUTH to progress in this industry. Once Again CONGRATULATIONS on your winnings !! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need weight fast!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need weight fast!!   need weight fast!! Empty

Back to top Go down

need weight fast!!
Page 1 of 1