Championshowpigs
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Truegl10
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Lazyoa10
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Reunio10
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Southt10
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Topofo10
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Cainsiresstatic
NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Carter10

NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barrera.garrett

NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty5th July 2010, 4:57 pm

Our county show is in the last week of August, my show pig looks good. But is not gaining the weight it needs to be. It seems to not be eating all of what I give it. The pig also seems to be uninterested in its feed. And right now I am in a deep hole, where I need to gain a significant amout of weight for the show coming up.
Back to top Go down
Hicktown_Genetics

Hicktown_Genetics

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty5th July 2010, 9:02 pm

There are tons of options....Moormans has MaxLean which will increase there desire you could say...Sunglo has a new thing called Devour...i believe its now called Inhale...we are using it with our show pigs that need to pack the pounds...hope that can help...& im sure honor has something....
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty5th July 2010, 10:32 pm

Would it be a better idea if I ordered them through shipping or from a store. Do most feed stores carry them as well?
Thanks Again!
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty6th July 2010, 12:07 am

whats here weight right now and whats the minimum weight that she has to be? you can putting her back to a starter feed or a higher protein feed 18% or higher, Honors has a supplement called power fill and power fuel that work really good on putting some weight on them and Moormans lean maximiser and moormans moore fat?? did or have you changed its feed suddenly.that it lost intrest in the feed? have you dwormed it lately?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
Hicktown_Genetics

Hicktown_Genetics

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty6th July 2010, 9:47 am

Check with your local feed dealer to see if they do have something...But my dad owns a feed mill & we push the Honor Power Fuel hard & just like Jay Aguilar said that a higher protein feed will get her appetite back up...were feeding an 18% to our state fair pigs to get em to gain more...
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty6th July 2010, 3:49 pm

actually what me and my kids do we keep our show pigs in a 18% protein till there 250lbs and push them with some power fill and power fuel..till they hit market weight. just push them hard sometimes if you walk them a bit more and you put a light on there pen with a full feeder till eat all night . try this it might work it works for us?
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty7th July 2010, 2:59 pm

My pig is 120 pounds, we have 47 days till weigh in. I need it at least 220 pounds for weigh in. I'm not sure, but do you think this is even within reach? This is only my second year, but last year I did remarkably well for my first year. So I have a little bit of higher expectations for myself and my pig. I've been feeding the pig HSC Show Pig Grower L200 PDF. Right now, in Ohio it is very humid and hot. The pig also seems uninterested and has no appetite, until the evenings. What do you think I should do? Feed? Or have as my daily routine for the pig up till my weigh in date?

P.S.- Thank You for your replies earlier in this post
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty7th July 2010, 10:05 pm

Barrera..it POSSIBLE .. IF YOU can push her to gain 2.5-3lbs a day she should make 260 give or take with her gaining AT LEAST 2.5-3lbs nothing under that daily gain ? what i would do is put her in a full feeder but in the evening and in the morning check how much she has eaten in the evening ? try to feed her a bit of power fill and some power fuel? a other option is mixing the prelude 409 starter with the L 200..just have faith in your self and don't give up on her ? Heads Up !!
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 8:47 am

Thank you for the encouragement!
Should I mix the power fill and power fuel within the L 200 ?
How much should I be walking her within the day?
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 8:50 am

Should I ahve both the power fuel and power fill in her diet as well?
Or choose one or the other?
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 9:47 am

Barrera...i would go both pwr fill and pwr fuel,on it's ration the walking is really up to you i would be walking it atleast for a hour/ hour in a half for atleast twice a day depending in your schedule...Our(kids,I) daily routine is like this = they walk there projects(6:00-7:00am) around the property 2x a in the Morning we have 5acres then they feed then depending on there school work they do it again in the evening and weekends they double there routine..so once again Just have FAITH in your self and set a daily gain goal on her NO LESS than 2.5lbs ? i would really put in my schedule weight it before feeding and then weight it every 3days and balance its daily gaing? cheers
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 3:19 pm

Ok Jay, I ordered power fill and power fuel. But I am deworming in the next day or two. Which I totally forgot on how much that will change their appetite after a few days. So now, I realized that that may have been the problem. AND I thank you for asking me earlier in this post. On the otherhand, It may take a few days for the power fill and power fuel to come in. Should I just be feeding her the feed I have now? And on ordering more feed, should I get the L 200 or L 200 Grower? I have never walked it that much, but after analyzing it I think that would be best for them. It would tame them and increase their appetite as well. Thank You SO Much for the advice you've been giving me, it has helped and encouraged me so much. I know there will be more questions on my part, probably soon as well. But Thank You Again ! If I see that that she may not have gained as much as I wanted to in that three day period, what should I do? Try to pack on that weight the next 3 day interval?
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 6:19 pm

After you dworm them and you wait for the feed to come in go ahead and put them in a full feeder are they penned together ? i would mix both bags together,then when you get the pwr fill and pwr fuel, in every feeding ? like i have said in the past reply have FAITH in your self and GOOD LUCK !!
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 11:37 pm

I am going to seperate them, bc I feel as if there is an "alpha female"
So seperating them will allow them to both get as much feed and water as they can when they are hungry. Should I wait a few days after deworming them to feed them the power fill and power fuel with there reg. feed ?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty8th July 2010, 11:59 pm

Smart move ? that can be a big problem also when you have them together? i will deworm them NOW and then add the supplements with a clean system after the deworming?
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty10th July 2010, 12:45 pm

Right now, the dealer gave us this solution to add to water. So we are going to just bottle water them, and give it a few days
How long till we add the supplements?
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty10th July 2010, 10:32 pm

that might be the main thing of the weight gain on the hogs ? have you weighed them lately? what was it that they gave you or recommended to????
Back to top Go down
trivswine

trivswine

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty11th July 2010, 7:58 am

Another thing we have done in the past is to skip a feeding once a week never the same day or time. Pigs can be creatures of habit, and sometimes you just have to change things up.
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty11th July 2010, 3:06 pm

Its called Wazine 17, I havent.. I am going to mid week bc they were dewormed and will start adding supplements tomorrow
Ok, Thank You Jay and Trivswine
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty11th July 2010, 3:12 pm

wazine wormer is good i've used it on me weanlings twice a year? Barrera.garrett like i've said in my past replies keep your head up and have FAITH ON your self and on your feeding towards your projects... No problem thats why the forum is for, to help one another.. keep yous up dated on your results ? JAY
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty13th July 2010, 4:48 pm

She seems to like to eat at night the most. The feeder I have she likes to use as a restroom, and she likes being fed out of a feeder the most.
So I've just fed her out of a bowl and she eats it. But she seems to like to eat at night when I'm not around. Which leaves two problems: She cannot possible eat all day if she only likes to eat at night and She cannot eat all day even if she wanted to because the bowl isnt big enough to be filled all day. With the Power Fuel, Power Fill and Regular Feed, how much of each should I mix into the bowl? Thanks Again! Weigh in tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty13th July 2010, 4:48 pm

WEIGH IN meaning the three day interval weigh in, not the actual one.
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty14th July 2010, 4:02 pm

I've been feeding her two scoops of feed, two scoops of fill, and one scoop of fuel.
2-3 times a day, and she is eating it all. I think the deworming had a lot to do with her eating habits, along with all of your help! If I should be doing something differently, please let me know. Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty14th July 2010, 8:46 pm

sound GREAT GOOD to hear that she's back to her normal self.. that feeding rotation sounds great as well keep up the good job? keep us up dated on her gain and let us know if there's anything there is to help you in any sort.. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!!!! HAVE FAITH IN YOU SELF !!
Back to top Go down
barrera.garrett

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty3rd August 2010, 8:57 pm

Hey everyone sorry I have not been on here for awhile to update everyone, but both pigs have been doing good. My pig I plan on taking for show is around 200-210. We have approx. three weeks till weigh-in. I am feeling good, but she isnt very lengthy. SoI was thinking it would be hard to get her around 260, without her looking too thick/fat. Any ideas? I also have a minor problem with her neck fat, it isnt huge.. But I dont want it getting any worse, any help? Thank You Again Everyone for YOUR HELP! You are all responsible for this great happening that has been going on as well

barrera.garrett Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT   NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP! PIG IS STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT
Page 1 of 1