Championshowpigs
feeding boars Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
feeding boars Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
feeding boars Truegl10
feeding boars Lazyoa10
feeding boars Reunio10
feeding boars Southt10
feeding boars Topofo10
feeding boars Cainsiresstatic
feeding boars Carter10

feeding boars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty14th February 2010, 10:14 am

I have 2 boars a cross and a york. i am feeding them a sow feed that i feed my sow. but since i have taken them off the show feed they just look like crap. the sow feed i am feeding is only 13% protein. is there another feed that i should be feeding them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
jgarcia

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty14th February 2010, 4:52 pm

You can use any feed you wish to depending on your budget. I would feed mine milo others feed corn with about a pound of show feed just to maintain some show apperance and to maintain his weight but if you wish to stud him out you can try the purina sow and pig that tractor supply carries its a 16% with .7%lysine I have yet to try it but it is meant to be a general feed. It runs around $12 a 50lb bag.

Was the change drastic or gradual because that can really make a difference
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty14th February 2010, 5:00 pm

well about a week they lost there muscel tone. i wasnt feeding paylean they was just on an 18 % moormans feed being feed just 5 lbs a day. my sows look good but my 2 boars dont. i have wormed them and they are eating it good.
Back to top Go down
jgarcia

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty14th February 2010, 5:15 pm

I understand but from 18 to 13 is a big jump. Especially if the moormans feed was medicated which most is. They should be eating within 3 to 5lbs to maintain at around 15% protein and near .8%lysine this is if they will not be mounting your sows because if they are too heavy and lack exercise they can die on you from being exerted. Worry about there health first then if you will be using a dummy and used as stud worry about there appeal
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty14th February 2010, 10:10 pm

well i am worried about it all. i what them healthy but i planned to us them for stud this coming season. i will look for something at our local farm center that has more protein in it
Back to top Go down
hawkman

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty13th April 2010, 5:20 am

What is the amount of feed that you would feed a year old Boar? especially with it getting hot.
I also have a Pregnant Sow that is Yorkshire and wanted to find out How much feed is she suppose to get the last week of her pregnancy term?
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty13th April 2010, 7:55 am

well my boars are now a year old and i still feed them 5-6 lbs when i am not sueing then when i sue them i feed 7-8 and they are looking ok. I have put my boar back on the moormans 18 and i am just going to leave them there. on the sow she only need 4-5 lbs a day and that is it. you dont want her to get to heavy will pregnant just keep her at a good weight right in the middle and she will be ok. Now i was told not to feed them the day they are do. but it is 4-5 lbs all the way threw till the last day then dont feed her. and i promise you she will scream for more throught her pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
croskeyfarms

croskeyfarms

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty13th April 2010, 10:19 am

do you have them separated from the rest of the herd are they spending alot of time ranting, boars are hard to maintain the best thing to do is to isolate them, protein wise 15-16% with 2.5-3% fat should maintain a boar @ least 6# of feed a day. good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.croskeyfarms.mysite.com
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty13th April 2010, 2:44 pm

well i know mine are separated. well the 2 boars are pened next to each other and seem fine. and yes io will agree with crokskey they are hard to maintain. my york he walks the fences all day long. so i have to feed him more to keep him looking decent
Back to top Go down
Miss no_no

Miss no_no

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty17th June 2010, 1:57 am

so i think i might be over feeding mine then ... i feed him two large coffee cans twice a day ? is that enough of i need to feed him more.. i have'nt weighed the coffee can with/out feed?
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty17th June 2010, 9:05 am

well when my york boar was growing i was feeding him 8lbs a day. i still feed them 8 lbs day .... But i am trying to sell seman and people like them to look full. i just bought a new york and a duroc boar but i have them on full feed with my show pigs right at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeding boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding boars   feeding boars Empty

Back to top Go down

feeding boars
Page 1 of 1