Championshowpigs
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Truegl10
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Lazyoa10
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Reunio10
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Southt10
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Topofo10
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Cainsiresstatic
Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Carter10

Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydee4d

Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!   Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Empty29th January 2013, 8:11 am

WE have 29 days till show and as of Sunday we are weighing 223, looking like a 2.3 pound per day gain. How do we hold without losing his fullness and cover? We are hand feeding 3 pounds of feed twice per day with a 1/2 pound of oats and 1/4 of full tank. What should our game plan be. Im not very experienced with a holding a pig. We havent even started paylean yet, which he will need, and from experience I know that will add more weight. Any help would be great!
Back to top Go down
aggie187698

aggie187698

PostSubject: Re: Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!   Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Empty27th February 2013, 1:13 pm

I wish i had a easy answer for you. From what you said you are currently feeding is to much for a holding ration. I would do 11/2 lbs feed 1lbs of oats and 1/4lbs of full tank. keep in mind you need to weight this hog every day and at the same time ( we weight in the afternoons before feeding so we know what they weight empty) also oats are a filler just like full tank they will expand in the stomach giving a full effect to animal. You will have to adjust the oats with feed to keep him looking right. There have been so many advances in the feeds that are aviliable now show chow has a feed that you can feed 6lbs and only gain 1lbs( dont hold me to those figures)

Good luck to you
Back to top Go down
http://www.southwesternfarms.com
AzPigDad

AzPigDad

PostSubject: Re: Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!   Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Empty4th March 2013, 12:04 pm

PowerFill 3 lbs a day will give you a gain of 1 lb per day and they will still get their
Nutritional valve they need to hold muscl[flash][/flash]e shape....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!   Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsure how to hold! HELP needed!!
Page 1 of 1