Championshowpigs
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Truegl10
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Lazyoa10
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Reunio10
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Southt10
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Topofo10
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Cainsiresstatic
I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Carter10

I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydee4d

I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty
PostSubject: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty17th February 2012, 7:36 am

So here we go again, it has been one thing after another with this pig. We have had a great couple weeks, alot of weight gain eating like crazy...Then SHE JUST STOPPED EATING. She didnt finish any of her feed yesterday... She was eating close to 8 lbs a day and yesterday just might have ate 2lbs. I went and checked on her last night and her nose is very runny and she keeps drinking very large amounts of water. She doesnt feel hot.... or any warmer than usual. She has always felt warm to me. Will a runny nose or feeling sick cause her to STOP eating.. and what should we give to clear it up QUICK! Our show is in 2 weeks. Her weight is already on the bubble barely making it so she cannot stop eating and cannot stop gaining 2lbs a day/ and after her bad dayn yesterday... she will have make up to do, if we can get her well. How long does a cold in a pig usually last?
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty17th February 2012, 9:12 pm

The sickness could last several weeks if not treated. I all ways stress to my feeders that the minute a pig shows sign of sickness to waste no time and treat it ASAP. A few days of sickness can ruin several months of hard work and preperation very quickly. I would contact your local vet and get some Draxxin or a comparable product to give the pig, we have had very good results from Draxxin for a few years now and in most cases the pigs are back to running on all cylnders in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
kolbyburt

PostSubject: Re: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty17th February 2012, 10:53 pm

what can you give a pig that we think has a belly ache, he has gas, and not eating very well today!! please help
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

PostSubject: Re: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty22nd February 2012, 8:34 am

Same thing happened to our pig... she ended up being constipated, had alot of gas. We poured mineral oil on her food and even gave an enema, gross I know... but it worked, with in a day she stated eating again.. and every few days I pour a little mineral oil on her food and she seems better in that area
Back to top Go down
tmg

PostSubject: Re: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty10th April 2012, 1:48 pm

We purchased a pig 10 days ago, and she has sounded wheezy and is coughing and sneezing-more so when she is active. She was brought from a warmer climate and we had a cold spell (dropped 30+ degrees) for the first two days. The weather has warmed back up, but I havn't seen any change in the pig (better or worse). She still eats and drinks and has good bowel movements. She sometimes has white foam come up after coughing. I think she may have a piece of sawdust lodged in her airway-- any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?   I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose? Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I have a Sick PIg! With a runny nose?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Swine Health-
Jump to: