Championshowpigs
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Truegl10
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Lazyoa10
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Reunio10
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Southt10
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Topofo10
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Cainsiresstatic
Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Carter10

Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydee4d

Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty
PostSubject: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty2nd February 2012, 12:41 pm

It has been one think after another this year with the show pigs..... Please help I think our show pig is constipated. She hasnt within the last few days shown much interest in her feed. She is a lightweight pig... so I have really been waitching her intake. She seems to now not have as much energy as she normally does, and yesterday she seemed gasey, not very many stools in her pen and today she hunched over for 10 minutes trying to go and couldnt do much of either. She is on about 6lbs of feed a day... if Im lucky and she eats it all... and that is including about 3/4 of yaggie oats... Please please help... what can I do to save her from pain and misery. Need to get her something fast, she cannot be off her feed for long.. She needs to gain every pound she can to make weight at the county show!!!

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
des

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty2nd February 2012, 1:28 pm

You can try putting some mineral oil on her feed, or some fiber supplement (for people) on her feed. You could also try walking her around, that usually helps them to walk it out.
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty3rd February 2012, 9:20 am

Well I gave her a little mineral oil... and i did an enema... YUCK!! I know... but it seemed to work.. within hours, she went alot!!! and was hungry for dinner and starving this morning for breakfast... Hope that did the trick!!!
Back to top Go down
des

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty3rd February 2012, 9:26 am

Great, I hope it works out
Back to top Go down
4hmom

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty4th February 2013, 2:03 pm

Having the same problem. Can you tell me what you used for the enema? Same stuff as humans?
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty4th February 2013, 2:12 pm

Yes it was the same stuff for humans... Fleet Enema, It really worked and cleaned her out... but any chance are you feeding oats? If so cut back while you try to get her or him back on track.
Back to top Go down
4hmom

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty4th February 2013, 2:23 pm

Yes, Groats (Oatmeal), but very little. We will try the enema, and lay off the oats for a few days. She has litle appitite, and show is in 25 days and need about 50lbs.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty4th February 2013, 2:52 pm

If her stomach is upset it will help for her to get cleaned out and start over.. Fresh. I would lay off Oats for at least 3 days... then introduce them slowly...

All you need is a 2 pound per day gain to make weight..... You can do it... Jello makes them interested in their feed if you havent tried that.. I would suggest thought to get her gut straight before you introduce anything else.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
New2pigs

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty27th February 2013, 12:38 pm

After we have this issue, we top dress the feed with yogart to help put the probodicits back into the gut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?   Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG? Empty

Back to top Go down

Please HELP.. Quick!!! Constipated PIG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Swine Health-
Jump to: