Championshowpigs
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Truegl10
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Lazyoa10
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Reunio10
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Southt10
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Topofo10
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Cainsiresstatic
PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Carter10

PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydee4d

PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty
PostSubject: PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely   PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty21st January 2013, 9:58 am

Well it has happened again. Last year was a nightmare and now this year it looks to be happening again...

Our gilt stop eating... completely... She is weighing 193 with 38 days till show... She needed to go in around 265, now Im jsut hoping she make weight at all.. (228)

She starting hand feeding 2 weeks ago and we dropped he feed protein to 165 then too...

within the last 3 days she has maybe ate a 1 1/2.... maybe..... Im looking for help... Need to get her eating.... She was wormed yesterday to see if that would help... I tried slopping her food the last few days and she doesnt seem to want to eat it wet or dry... I tried an egg on top... nope didnt want that either.... Should I switch back to the feed she was previously on 18% 7% fat? Should I try a different additive... she currently get a small dose very small of moorfat.. I even cut that out thinking it would help. She is getting a 1/2 a cup of oats to add width...

FRUSTRATED.. She is a heavier muscled pig..... BUMMED!! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

PostSubject: Re: PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely   PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty21st January 2013, 9:58 am

I meant we dropped her protien to 16%
Back to top Go down
BigTsGal

PostSubject: Re: PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely   PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty22nd January 2013, 11:40 pm

1. Make sure you are not putting too much food out at a time. When you go out to feed her, clean the old food out.

2. Have you tried white or yellow cake mix??? OMG! That stuff is great! 2 eggs, cake mix, with 2-3 cups of vegetable oil. THEY LOVE IT! AND it packs the pounds FAST. My son's York barrow did that about a week ago and we started mixing the cake mix everyday and the pig, not only got his appetite back BUT, the pig gained 23 pounds!

3. Pour a bottle of white Karo syrup over the feed. Pigs are picky eaters and if the feed has gotten wet, had flies on it, or sat in it's food bowl too long, they will not even TOUCH the feed. If, after you try this and she still isn't eating, I would talk to the local FFA instructor or local vet.
Back to top Go down
dkevnkeri

PostSubject: Re: PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely   PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty2nd February 2013, 5:25 pm

We also tried cake mix for the same reason and it worked. I just mixed it in dry with their feed and my pigs gained 20lbs in two weeks...worked wonders!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely   PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely Empty

Back to top Go down

PIG STOP EATING, Pretty much completely
Page 1 of 1