Championshowpigs
Pushing it...need some encouragement Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Pushing it...need some encouragement Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Pushing it...need some encouragement Truegl10
Pushing it...need some encouragement Lazyoa10
Pushing it...need some encouragement Reunio10
Pushing it...need some encouragement Southt10
Pushing it...need some encouragement Topofo10
Pushing it...need some encouragement Cainsiresstatic
Pushing it...need some encouragement Carter10

Pushing it...need some encouragement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hnash

Pushing it...need some encouragement Empty
PostSubject: Pushing it...need some encouragement   Pushing it...need some encouragement Empty31st July 2012, 7:10 pm

Just dewormed my daughter's gilt because she doesn't have much of an appetite. Never had a problem with ADG before with any of our other pigs, but we really need to push her now. Just not sure worms are really the issue. We weighed her 1 week ago and she weighed 195 on the club's scale. Just found out club scales were 5 pounds light so now she weighs only 205 and needs to weigh 230 by next Weds (25 lbs/9 days). Never had to push pigs before - always have to hold normally. She's pretty small framed and looks good but not sure we're going to make it. Started feeding paylean, cake mix, corn oil, raw eggs and maple syrup. She's eating about 1.5 lbs. at a time/ 4 times a day. I know she's eating a lot more with the new concoction but not sure how much more since we've always used a self-feeder. Now we've removed the self-feeder and are just hand feeding. Definetely has helped her want to eat more. Thanks in advance for any replies.Think we can make it? Anyone had to gain this much in this short of time before? At this point making weight is our main goal...
Back to top Go down
aggie187698

aggie187698

Pushing it...need some encouragement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pushing it...need some encouragement   Pushing it...need some encouragement Empty6th August 2012, 12:03 pm

It can be done and it sounds like you are trying. I have feed a bunch of show pigs and found each one is different. The best thing i can tell you is dont ever give up. I had one this last year who was a very picky eater took awhile but finally figured him out. Soaked cracked corn was what he wanted and eat like a horse. He went on to make the sale at Houston.

let me know how it works out and good luck to you
Back to top Go down
http://www.southwesternfarms.com

Pushing it...need some encouragement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Feeding Swine-
Jump to: