Championshowpigs
Help please! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Help please! Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Help please! Truegl10
Help please! Lazyoa10
Help please! Reunio10
Help please! Southt10
Help please! Topofo10
Help please! Cainsiresstatic
Help please! Carter10

Help please!

Go down 
+4
kolbyburt
hogmaster
travism
lanfam5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lanfam5

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Help please!   Help please! Empty14th February 2012, 8:56 am

We have 3 boys that show for 4-H! Our weigh in for this years show is on March 13th. We weighed the pigs yesterday and we have the following weights 230, 198 and 175. I am worried about the 175 not making it t0 minimum weight which is 230 what can we do? And no they are not fed together they are all fed seperately.
Back to top Go down
travism

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty14th February 2012, 2:26 pm

How much are you feeding a day? I had a hamp that did that this year. I started adding strawberry jello mix into the feed wet. I would add more feed to him every couple days. Do not leave feed in front of the pig because they will not eat as much. I was able to put on 27 lbs in 14 days to make weight. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
lanfam5

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty15th February 2012, 8:04 am

We are now feeding 6 lbs a day 3 lbs each feeding and I am mixing each 3 lbs of dry feed with ensure, milk,eggs, and moorefat. She is eating it all so maybe she will make it. I have used the ensure,milk, and eggs in the past when we have had lightweight pig and it made it that year so it worked. Hopefully it works this time as well. I am also mixing 1/2 a pound of high protein dog food in her food my feed supplier said to try that and the fat.
Back to top Go down
hogmaster

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty15th February 2012, 8:33 am

Put it on Linders 1 1/2 lb of 611 and 1 1/2lb 613 and pour it to him feed him in the morning and in the evenings!!!
Back to top Go down
lanfam5

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty15th February 2012, 10:38 am

What is Linders is it a feed or supplement I feed Sunglo and do not want to change her feed this close to show
Back to top Go down
kolbyburt

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty16th February 2012, 10:11 am

I heard that mixing cake batter with the pigs feed helps to put weight on! Hopefully they make it! Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Droptinegw1

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty16th February 2012, 7:37 pm

You may also try wet feeding as well. It helps to absorb the feed a little better than just the dry feed.
Back to top Go down
PAshowman

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty16th February 2012, 7:48 pm

I would also add 4.5 g of paylean just to pick up on the rate of gain
Back to top Go down
m&m

m&m

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty17th February 2012, 1:53 pm

Lindners is a feed line who also make supplements. The 611 & 613 are complete feeds. Not sure why you would mix the 611 & 613 if they are the exact same feed only diffrence is the 613 already has the paylean premixed into it. If you wanna stay with sunglo try adding 2oz of paylean premix a day to what your already feeding. You will need to add a tad bit moorfat to compensate for the leaning the paylean will do.
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty22nd February 2012, 8:38 am

We used goat milk replacer, it put on weight faced but then we switched to moorfat... just have to make sure to not use too much otherwise, they will really slow down on there feeding.. We also just started adding a raw egg to her feed. She will clean it up, not sure what eggs really do for the pigs though beside good skin and hair.. Good Luck!!
Back to top Go down
jaydee4d

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty22nd February 2012, 8:38 am

and yes wetting the feed has been a miracle for us!!
Back to top Go down
lanfam5

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty27th February 2012, 7:55 am

Well I guess what we are doing is working thank yall for the suggestions. She has gained 30 lbs in the past 12 days we weighed them Saturday and she was 205 so if she keeps gaining at this rate she should go in weighing at about 247lbs she is gaining 2.5lbs a day. I have used this mix in the past when we had a light pig I sometimes just get worried because I like for my kids to do well in their shows. And yes I agree with wetting the feed ours comes out sweet and wet with the ensure,milk and egg. The one that was 198 lbs is now 225 and all we have been adding to his feed is high protein dog food and milk. The one that was 230 is now only 236 he has slowed down now but is at show weight already but we are going to start mixing high protein dog food with his feed to get him gaining again. We now have 16 days left so hopefully we will be able to get the little girl up ther in weight I think we will be able to now.
Back to top Go down
lanfam5

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty14th March 2012, 5:50 am

Well she made the weigh in by 2 pounds she weighed 232. Thanks for all the suggestions I went and added the cake mix and jello mix to what I was already feeding and also slopped her feed a little more with some water. Now I at least have a happy boy he works so hard every year and was really working harder this year to get her up to weight so she would make it he would have been very upset if she didnt. I would have liked her to been a little bigger but we will take the 232 since she made the weight. And my other two boys pigs weights were 253 and 282 so they all gained quite a bit in the last 28 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help please!   Help please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Feeding Swine-
Jump to: