Championshowpigs
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Truegl10
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Lazyoa10
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Reunio10
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Southt10
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Topofo10
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Cainsiresstatic
SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Carter10

SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS

Go down 
+11
johnny5
g5farms
JCarter
malacara
pigglet
TClark
jgarcia
Jay Aguilar
RGV
aggie187698
BIGRICK
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BIGRICK

BIGRICK

SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty
PostSubject: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty25th March 2011, 9:57 am

Would anyone be interested in taking their show pigs to an auction type sale here in South Texas for the Aug/Sept litters? Trying to see if enough breeders would want to start something.
Back to top Go down
aggie187698

aggie187698

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty25th March 2011, 11:33 am

I know that i am not in the south texas area but would be intersted in bringing some litters down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.southwesternfarms.com
RGV

RGV

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty25th March 2011, 10:10 pm

I would be interested in consigning my best hogs to a sale like this.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty25th March 2011, 11:21 pm

Depending on the day you all want to make it? I would be intrested in consigning a couple of hogs my self.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
jgarcia

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty26th March 2011, 6:01 pm

interested let me know what you all need ill contribute and participate if possible.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty28th March 2011, 2:11 pm

I think it will be an EXCELLENT Idea,just have to come up with the right day and Location to do this.I remember back in the day they would make a sale like this in the old stockshow hog barn.

well you all decide when and where and i'll start it off with consigning 30 hogs..GOD WILLING We hope something like this can come true this coming season.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty29th March 2011, 6:02 am

We would be happy to consign some and participate in a south tx sale.
Back to top Go down
pigglet

pigglet

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty29th March 2011, 10:37 am

OH MY GOD!!!! This would be awesome i would like to attend this sale.You all need to start planning it or start calling each other and arranging the place and time to do this i think it will be a real good turn out.
Back to top Go down
BIGRICK

BIGRICK

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty29th March 2011, 2:14 pm

I have talked to a few breeders aside from the site and others are willing to join. I was thinking either hog barn at the show grounds, same concept as the x-mas classic if you attended that one, or see if San Benito would let us use their new school facility. Post contact numbers or PM them to me. If you have a suggestion for a name then post that to.
Back to top Go down
malacara

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty29th March 2011, 2:27 pm

I think that is a good idea, but you might want to think of a few things before you put all your time and effort into something like this. I do come from south texas but I do understand something about the deep south texas boys and gals.... they all go up north to buy their show stock and will not pay the high prices down here. South Texas pumps out a lot of show pigs but you also have to consider how South Texas resembles a giant network and I have seen it in numerous sales up North, where they will not out bid each other. This was the issue several years ago. You could probably get more off the farm. This is the reason that sales failed before down in deep south texas. The idea is good, but I dont know if it will specifically work for that area.
Back to top Go down
BIGRICK

BIGRICK

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty29th March 2011, 3:06 pm

I might be a new to breeding but I am sure that breeders will not put all their eggs into one basket. This would just be a an auction, and the way i remember them(the aucions) some sell for asking price some don't, some also sale from the trailer after the show. No ones forced to buy but i know only maybe 30% by from up north alot are home grown
Back to top Go down
JCarter

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty1st April 2011, 2:39 pm

Crouch and Curry Genetics and my dad were considering putting on a sale next year, but we are afraid that alot of what malacara posted will happen. What we need to do is let people know that the Grand and Res Grand at STAR and Willacy in 2011 and the Grand at STAR in 2009 and 2010 and the Res Grand at RGVLS the last 3 years as well as the Grand breeding gilt at STAR 2010 and Res Grand Breeding Gilt at STAR in 2009 and 2011 and several breed champions at all three shows over the past 3 years have all come from valley breeders. Maybe then, we can persuade them to come to a valley breeders sale.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty3rd April 2011, 7:01 pm

thats real true Dont forget the Champion York Breeding Gilt and was Reserve Overall at the STAR 2009 and that same gilt also won her Class and was Breed Champion Reg. York Breeding gilt was bred by Juan Ramirez and raised by us Aguilar Show pigs
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty3rd April 2011, 8:48 pm

I have to agree with malacara. South Texas big in stature is still networked very well and this is evident in shows when most know each other by name. BIGRICK, the reality is that maybe your percentages were switched a bit. I believe that maybe 70% go out of the valley and 30% percent are homegrown. We have done well with are stock and yet even are customers are limited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
johnny5

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty5th April 2011, 8:08 am

will we ALL have in Fault i think cause if we can stick together and make this happen i thinbk it will turn out to be a good successful sale...

If our Local AG Teachers WOULD buy the kids hogs here in the valley would be wonderful BUT NOOOOOOooooo they have to drive out of the valley to go get a animal for the same quality that theirs already here being bred in the valley.

so i think they have(ag teachers) alot to do with this that it has'nt been a success for our local breeders.
Back to top Go down
JCarter

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty5th April 2011, 1:11 pm

I'm an Ag Teacher and I do travel out of the valley to buy pigs for a couple of reasons. There is no doubt that there are some quality pigs in the valley, but there are just a lot more hogs to look at in the midwest. Price is also a factor. Many of the hogs I buy up country for 200-300 bucks would cost me a lot more down here. Don't get me wrong, I've bought my share of valley pigs and done well with them, but I can get it all done in one trip the other way and that is also nice. If a group of breeders down here was to put on a sale, I think it could work but they may have to bite the bullet for a year or so as well. Only put the best in the sale...be prepared to get less for some of those than what you'd get off the farm...don't bid them up or buy a bunch back because they didn't bring what you wanted...don't sell any P.O.'s after the sale or bring any extras to sell in the parking lot, do that at home.....................then, hope some/several of them win somewhere and your sale will get better every year.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty5th April 2011, 4:42 pm

Very valid points...
Back to top Go down
BIGRICK

BIGRICK

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty6th April 2011, 9:02 am

Jcarter you would have to bring more to keep on the trailer every single sale i have been to has done it that way. The way i think the auction/sale would go would be bring your (5) that you would like to sell and if some sale off the trailer good that's extra sales. breeders should get sales both ways at the auction and off the farm. People are making things to complicated if they sell great if they don't then market for the farm and give people your contact info
Back to top Go down
Miss no_no

Miss no_no

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty6th April 2011, 2:56 pm

i would like to attend this sale if it all gets accomplished?let me know if it does? i will also consign a couple of my hogs as well?
GOOD LUCK IN THIS ACCOMPLISMENT!!!!
Back to top Go down
JCarter

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 7:59 am

BIGRICK wrote:
Jcarter you would have to bring more to keep on the trailer every single sale i have been to has done it that way. The way i think the auction/sale would go would be bring your (5) that you would like to sell and if some sale off the trailer good that's extra sales. breeders should get sales both ways at the auction and off the farm. People are making things to complicated if they sell great if they don't then market for the farm and give people your contact info

BIGRICK, I used to run a sale in Navasota for about 10 years. The problem with selling pigs out of the trailer or P.O.'s is that alot of buyers are there just for that. It really hurts the sale. When we quit selling past over pigs at the showgrounds and after the sale and quit letting private treaty sales occurr, our sale average went up almost $100.
Back to top Go down
aggie187698

aggie187698

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 10:01 am

I have been to several sales with our pigs and traveled lots of miles to sales. We as breeders try so hard to build our names and relationships with our buyers. Yes i love to sell off the farm. I am not worried about trying to pay for the trip and not selling any thing. But that is the chance that all breeders take in going to sales and i know that i will continue to take that chance.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 10:45 am

I believe what JCarter is trying to say is not necessarily that a sale is a bad thing, but that there are certain ways to run sales so that they are more benficial for the seller. In this case you can still build relationships with buyers. I am an agreement that an auction is a good thing, but I also agree that the best way to run an auction is to not take all your stock that you have but instead be selective on the animals that you take. Your sale should be regarded as a notible sale and not just any other sale. Hence the reason why there should be some regulations on quantities and parking lot purchases. We have been to plenty of sales in the past and I see that this is usually the case in sales that bring in less money. Overall the standards should be set high to avoid any issues in the future.
Back to top Go down
aggie187698

aggie187698

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 10:51 am

G5Farms make a very valid point
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 2:37 pm

SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=0EJ44gYek7POqYUza8F0&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=cE344eYck7P3oU47zLPh&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=9El447YUk7PyWUhzLQeL&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=EEm44RYDk7PL3UZzLL78&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=JE744zYzkzaPs8Ma0aH8&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=3ED44DYmkzagqzZa7Ud0&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=mEQ44OYmkzaNH8Gho8d0&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=
These hogs were ALL bred in South Texas !!
pictures in order from top left :
Champion Dark OPB Breeding Gilt Bred by : Alvin Carter
1st place Non Reg. Duroc Breeding Gilt Bred by: Ty Clark
10th Place Market White Cross Bred by : Ty Clark
Champion Market Duroc Bred By: Ty Clark
2nd place Reg. Berkshire Dark OPB Bred by: Scott Sullivan
2nd place Dark Cross Breeding Gilt Bred by: Aguilar Show Pigs
11th place Dark Cross Market Barrow Bred by : Scott Sullivan
4th place Reg. Duroc Breeding Gilt Bred by: James Holt SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS 2?inviteToken=DEM44hY1k7Psxhp7Lkh8&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=
Back to top Go down
BIGRICK

BIGRICK

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty7th April 2011, 3:06 pm

Breeders let me know if you would still be interested if the maximum pigs allowed in the auction/sale was 5, 7 total would be allowed to be taken 2 would have to stay in the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS   SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS Empty

Back to top Go down

SOUTH TEXAS BREEDERS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next