Championshowpigs
So LOST...Please HELP Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
So LOST...Please HELP Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
So LOST...Please HELP Truegl10
So LOST...Please HELP Lazyoa10
So LOST...Please HELP Reunio10
So LOST...Please HELP Southt10
So LOST...Please HELP Topofo10
So LOST...Please HELP Cainsiresstatic
So LOST...Please HELP Carter10

So LOST...Please HELP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1st.year.HELP

So LOST...Please HELP Empty
PostSubject: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 10:43 am

This is my daughters and i first year to ever show a pig (duroc).. We have showed already at local and county and we still need one more to show on Feb. 25th.. both judges told us we need to MUSCLE the pig up.. as of Jan. 21st the pig was weighing 216 lbs. So we have a month to work with..What is the best feed and suplements to give him... i have read about Paylean but still not sure... PLEASE HELP. thanks a bunch!!
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 11:28 am

I am curently feeding my duroc paylean and have no issues thus far. What is the max weight for your last show?I also like honor supplement Champion Drive But i think it gives more top shape than anything. Also what type of feed are you feeding what is it Protein wise and fat wise?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
1st.year.HELP

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 11:48 am

270 is the max weight for my last show...i am fedding it Linders 632 20%..where can i purchase paylean??
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:02 pm

I dont know anything about linders feed. your dealer can get it. only think is you will have to watch her weight. paylean will cuz them to gain and get bigger. my yorks have gained a lil over 25 lbs a week on it before. That is alot of protein for them not to have some kind of muscle. I am feeding moorman 18241 and is is 18 % Protein, 3.75 % fat and 1.05 % lysine. and mine have plenty of muscle . I would try the paylean. but like i said you will have to watch its weight.

how much are you feedin? i have a barrow that i am holding because he was getting to big. i was feeding him 4 lbs of the 18241 and 1 1/2 beet pulp and 1/2 steam rolled oats. he looks good.

But this ration my not work for yours. But like i said i dont now anything about feeding linder there are peeps on here that use it. I feed moormans and use the honor supplements
Back to top Go down
1st.year.HELP

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:06 pm

currently i am feeding it 3 lbs of feed and 1 1/2 of oats but like i said this is y first year and i really dont know anything about anything.. but i am learning and want to know more about this stuff ofr the next years to come!! what are beet pulps??

ps thx for your feed back i really appreciate this!!
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:12 pm

Beet pulp is just used as a filler. it will help also in adding guts and some rib shape. Now my gilts my duroc i havent weighted in while but i bet she is about 170 plus. i feed her 4 pound of the moorman 18 % that has the paylean in it already along with 1 lbs of Honor Depth Charge. which she has been a picky eater and she barely cleans this amount of feed up. lol. i have a cross gilt that is weighting about 200 plus that is eating 4 lbs of feed ( 2 lbs of feed with the paylean in it and 2 lbs of 18241) along with 1/2 depth charge and 1/2 champion drive Twice aday . lol The cross gilt i raise and she has never had a problem eating lol.

our max weight here is 290 at our county show. Oye the barrows can only weight 280 cross gilts 320 and pure breed unlimited.
Back to top Go down
1st.year.HELP

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:16 pm

ok thx fo ryour help again maybe ill get more post on something about linders!! if he is on linders the best thing to do is keep him on that feed correct
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:18 pm

yes, because sometimes when you change the pig may not like it and not like they was. so keep feeding linders
Back to top Go down
west-texas-pigdad

west-texas-pigdad

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 12:56 pm

When you feed with the paylean you need to make sure you don't use to much at a time cause you will make a good pig a bad pig real fast and if your not feeding enough then your just wasting time and money.
Back to top Go down
1st.year.HELP

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 2:16 pm

ok is paylean liquid or a solid??
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 2:40 pm

Paylean is a solid.
I would like to give you credit for asking around for help and learn the different ways of feeding from other people, thats a HUGE start. I would love to help you out but i have never used Lindners feeds. I have always used Honors Show Chow and i have had lots of success with it but different people have thier likes and dislikes concerning feed. I have talked to other breeders and they speak highly of the supplements Honors makes so that must mean something good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
1st.year.HELP

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 2:47 pm

well since i am already on this linders i have to stick with it from what ive asked and heard but next year i think im going to go a different route but i am learning and having quite an experience with this being my first year!! its a lot of work but its FUN for me and my daughter
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty24th January 2011, 2:56 pm

I hear you why change ratios already in this late in time,just keep up the great job and never be afraid to ask questions. In this game thats what matters the most to have fun with the kids and support them 100%.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
west-texas-pigdad

west-texas-pigdad

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty25th January 2011, 10:30 am

I have used Lindners for the last 5 years and really like their line of feed has done really well for our pigs but my suggestion is to get and use feed that is readaly avalible and is fresh. Feeds are like the argument Chevy vs Ford some people use one feed and thats all they will ever use no matter how far they have to go to get it or how much it cost. Like in my area its Lindners or Moormans feed and supplements you can get just about any suplement no matter who it's made by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So LOST...Please HELP   So LOST...Please HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

So LOST...Please HELP
Page 1 of 1