Championshowpigs
something is wrong Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
something is wrong Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
something is wrong Truegl10
something is wrong Lazyoa10
something is wrong Reunio10
something is wrong Southt10
something is wrong Topofo10
something is wrong Cainsiresstatic
something is wrong Carter10

something is wrong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: something is wrong   something is wrong Empty18th December 2010, 10:46 am

i have a september 12th duroc gilt. I weighed her on an empty stomach yesterday and she only weighted 95 lbs. she isnt cleaning up 6 lbs a day. i was feeding her a pelleted feed, it is the moorman 18241, when i seen she was eating that very well i have started sloping her feed. And still nothing. i know she was on the moormans feed when i baught her. our county show is the end of feb, and the OYE is in march. i need help! My Blue butt litter i have had to hold back but they are august 5th but they eat like crazy they are weighting 160 for the barrow and 150 for the gilt. they are on moormans 14560 which is 14% protein and i think 5 % fat but not sure on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
trivswine

trivswine

something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: something is wrong   something is wrong Empty18th December 2010, 5:21 pm

Amanda, at 95lbs. 6lbs. of feed a day is alot. I would think closer to 5. You have plenty of time on till your show. I wouldn't worry a whole lot yet. Just make sure she is wormed and has plenty of clean water to drink
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: something is wrong   something is wrong Empty18th December 2010, 5:57 pm

well she is pennedd with another gilt and between them they get 6lbs together so that would be 3 lbs a day each. the other gilt which only weights about 30-40lbs she really hasnt started eating all that well. But i was told that for a september 12th gilt she is small. i thought she was growing good. she crashed real hard twice on me tho for no apreant reason but has really statrted coming on the past month. she is wormed every 30days. she just dont act like she likes the food, i had her on the moormans regular 18% and she aint that but it caused her to fall apart she lost her rib shap and stuff. so the feed store guy and several others told me to put her on the 18241 well she looks better but really isnt eating. i have tried cake mix and everything, milk replacer and still no. i mayt just be paranoid but i paid alot for this lil gilt cuz i thought she was good and just want to give her every chance to do good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
Sponsored content

something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: something is wrong   something is wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

something is wrong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Feeding Swine-
Jump to: