Championshowpigs
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Truegl10
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Lazyoa10
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Reunio10
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Southt10
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Topofo10
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Cainsiresstatic
Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Carter10

Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics

Go down 
+6
jgarcia
RCHOGS
sjaggi
TClark
malacara
johnny5
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
johnny5

Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty
PostSubject: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty25th October 2010, 10:24 pm

Saw this Out There son,and really loved the width and bone and looks super correct, out there is really producing some good boars..i think his a good candidate on being the best out there son behind paparrazi.
Back to top Go down
malacara

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty25th October 2010, 10:43 pm

Johnny5
Far N' Away is a good boar but definitely not even close to being the next best out there son. He looks squared up in his photos but not squared enough. He could use a bit more top and rear to put him up there as the next best thing. Out There has done a good job but I wouldn't put Far N Away up there with paparazzi.
Back to top Go down
malacara

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty25th October 2010, 10:50 pm

What about Out Cattin at Lean Value behind paparazzi?
You could also consider the boar that is being advertised on this website as well. He looks tough and the gallery photos they have posted of that g5 boar that look better than paparazzi and out cattin. He is better than far n away. You should consider them if you are breeding.
Back to top Go down
johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 2:32 pm

i would consider Paparazzi,Out Cattin, Far N Away a boar that has BEEN PROVEN WITH ANY frame type sow and has consistently produced him self. I think If Black Out is that good i'll wait to see him at Duncan to play with the Big Boys, if you see black out's pctures he toes out and has lots of bone dont get me wrong but for a good boar like him he is TO SHORT from the chest floor.So in order to be called the BEST OUT THERE SON you have to step up to the plate and play with the big boys just like EVERY OTHER Out There Son!!! SEE YA IN DUNCAN !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
malacara

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 3:09 pm

I know your trying to make a point, but you really just are not making sense. Paparazzi was the only boar that competed. Out Cattin was a parking lot purchase . Neither of the boar you have mentioned is not even proven. Why not just use the real proven boar... Out There himself, if that is what you are looking for. You say BEEN PROVEN WITH ANY frame type and name the boar that you are naming but how can you say that these boars are proven with all frame type.

So technically , the ONLY boar that has played with the big boys is Paparazzi. Give me a break, most small breeders dont get the respect they need because people are not paying the big bucks because there are some people that would rather pay for the Brand. I don't know what G5's plans are for this boar, but you cannot deny that he is plain good.

Seriously, before you go off making this post on proven boars, you should really get your facts straight. We will see you at duncan.

Here is some advice... G5 why dont you sell your boar to the big boys like Lean Value and the rest so that people will jump on the bandwagon!
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 3:17 pm

I saw Paparazzi show in Duncan last year and I am very confident that he is the Best Out There Son to date. Far N Away isnt even close to being in the Ballpark of Paparazzi and Out Cattin. Had Paparazzi been born a belted hog He would have sold for twice the amount he sold for. The Pictures at Lean Value are horrible pics of him. He is the best The best Out There son and he is a good bit better than his sire. Out Cattin is right behind him. Out Cattin has a lil more bone with the same excellent structure and soundness that they both posess. The Black out boar cannot compete with these two in the overall structure and correctness and he is not sound enough to be compared to them if you watch the Black Out video it is easy to notice that he is very restricted in his movement on all four. Far N Away is more structurally correct with more leg and overall extension than Black Out but does not have near the bone and mass. I think if you were to use any of these boars I would pass them all up and use Out There himself but if I had to pick the best son to use it would be Paparazzi and Out Cattin would be a close 2nd simply because Paparazzi proved himself by winning one of the toughest crossbred boar shows in many years last year in Duncan.
Back to top Go down
sjaggi

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 3:29 pm

Honestly guys, maybe paparrazi is one that could be considered the best because he did compete. Look I have actually seen all three of the boar (not Far N Away) and I will tell you that I have been very impressed with all three. Paparrazi is good... not denying that. Out Cattin is also restricted in his movement (Trust me, I saw him in person) . Black Out I had the pleasure of seeing because we come from n. texas to port isabel to visit family and I have to say that he could defend himself very well against these boars.

Take it from me guys, because I actually had a visual of all three boars and I have to say that anyone of them would work really well. Each has there flaws and truthfully, that black out boar is actually fluid in movement.

You can't judge these boars by photos or video, see them in person and you will know exactly what Im talking about. Saw all three boars and yet I saw the G5 boar and booked him right on the spot. There has to be something about these three boars because they have been debated about in several places a ton. Thats got to say something.

Oh, put Far N Away in the gutter because, from the photo, it doesnt look like he comes close to these three.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 3:51 pm

How can you say put Far N Away in the gutter because of the pictures when you just stated above that you cant judge these boars by pictures and vidoes?

I understand that G5 is using the Best Out There Son Ever as good advertisement but I guess I would rather hear a statement like that from a the NSR and CPS Represenatives and judges and spectators at one of these big conference shows rather than the breeder. The bold statement maybe true but put him up against the best and prove it to be true and sell even more semen by showing him to the world. Heck you can allways buy him back in the auction if you dont want to get rid of him. There are only 4 or 5 Out There Sons to compare to as is so that statement doesnt say a whole lot I would rather be able to say Champion Crossbred Boar 2010 NSR Fall Classic in my advertisment. if he is good as all of you say he is than he should compete well up there to bad we will never know.
Back to top Go down
RCHOGS

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 4:46 pm

I Agree with TClark. You have to beat the best to be the BEST.
Back to top Go down
sjaggi

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 7:56 pm

OK. You all consider paparrazi to be the best because he won a show. Duncan is not the end all. Think about it people, it is the siring ability that makes the sire. Yes he won, thats cool and all but it was also the opinion of one man. In fact most say that out cattin is better. Why not consider him the best? Because that is the opinion of some people.

There have been numerous big selling champions that have not gone to sire jack. Why such a back lash on this boar. Is it not the opinion of the breeder that he is the best out there son ever, just like one man had an opinion on paparrazi and out cattin. you also have to consider that this boar is not even of age to go to Duncan, so maybe you all should choose a different show. Opinions are just like a-holes, everyone has one, so let them have theres.

I am a small breeder and see the posts on this website all the time, I agree with malacara, if he was at Lean Value, you all would have such a different opinion on him. Come on smaller guys, drop your name brand approach.

TClark , if thats the case and only their opinions mattered than all the posts that you have done dont mean anything. Maybe the peaps here on the website need to hire someone from the NSR or something to speak for everyone. Remember that some of the people have seen these boars and those could be considered spectators.
Back to top Go down
jgarcia

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 8:09 pm

Well G5 I personally would consider that a friendly challenge and like I said before Your boar should go to Duncan. i have seen it in person and it does deserve a chance to prove itself against the so called self appointed big dogs.

Upto a certain point I agree with some of what you all say. My bet and my personal opinion is if you have a strong herd of sows and you are confident in what you have and your abilities as a breeder I would just go with out there himself. Maybe, you all can have the confidence to someday say that you have the best boar.

I do agree that it is better to have others say that you have the best than for you to say it yourself, however, all of us know what we have and what we want that is one of the things that make this hobby interesting.

G5 GO FOR IT ATLEAST YOU WILL KNOW WHERE YOU STAND.
Back to top Go down
jgarcia

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 8:19 pm

SJAGGI: I believe that you have expressed the best statement that a real breeder would say. Paparrazi has lots of show appeal. Outcattin is very structurally sound, but what makes them sires? The only true sire at this point out of this whole conversation so far is Out There himself. Everything else still remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 8:33 pm

No ones opinion is worth more than any other but a comment like that made by a judge or a NSR Rep can go a long way as far as the boars popularity and semen sales.
All I meant is I would rather see him show in a big show where the showpig world has a chance to see him compared to others and during the show and sale have the NSR representatives make statements such as he is the best Out There Son or have a judge praise him in the ring in front of thousands of people that buy alot of semen each year and for the most part take the Judges and NSR Reps words when they make Statements like these. Statements and praise like that from them goes alot further than just the breeder saying it. It will get alot more intrest in the boar and sell a whole lot more semen out of him. I have never had anything against the Black Out Boar I have been a big fan of him and have chatted with G5 numorous time about him. since he was a little prospect. I have told him that I think he would do well in a big Conf. show and would have alot of freinds up there. This post was wanting to know folks opinions in the comparison in the Out There Sons and I simply stated tmy thoughts on the boars and also stated that I would choose Out There over any of them
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty26th October 2010, 9:34 pm

Hope everything is going well for everyone. I have felt obligated to respond because I know that our boar Black Out has been mentioned several times in these posts, its been interesting. But, I will answer your questions and comment on a few things.

Black Out would be going to Duncan if he were 2 months younger. It has nothing to do with us keeping him away from competition, but it would be morally and ethically wrong for us to take a boar that is older and against age policies of the show.
I have seen paparrazi and was very impressed. I was also equally impressed by Out Cattin, which was on Rory Duelms trailer. Personally after seeing these boars, I can get a gauge for what I believe to be good. Black Out is an extremely good prospect and I feel that after judging what I have seen in these out there sons, in my opinion he has the potential to be the best. All the boars have flaws but if we had the choice we would have liked to have him compete. We are the small operations in the industry that just do not get the respect we deserve. I think that if he were in a bigger stud, he would be booking out daily. We are extremely confidant in this boar and I have said this numerous times, but if I make gilts half as good as him, I will fill my operation up with his blood line. We welcome all visitors to our place and truthfully we have had all people come out very impressed. We would love to have him praised in a major show, but at this point, that will never be reality because he will never attend any. We appreciate all your comments, whether positive or negative. I would just like to say that our opinion on the boar, is not a marketing or promoting plea but instead our true opinion on the boar. I have photos of him on the gallery that will show his potential.

JGarcia is right, out there is the proven boar. I completely agree. Paparrazii was the high seller and out cattin was sold by the big name. We have neither a big name, nor a big title, nor a high seller in our barn, but we do have a boar that we feel could be just as good as the boars mentioned above.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 12:20 am

Good Luck with him this season hope he is booked heavy for you G5. I Hope Black Out puts G5 farms on the Showpig map.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 12:29 am

Thanks, we will keep you guys updated
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 12:34 am

I meant no negative to you or Black Out in any of my statements. I just wish the world could have seen him in action and let the world know that there is other great breeders in Texas other than New Braunsfels and the Panhandle. When will your first litters from Black Out hit the ground?

Last edited by TClark on 27th October 2010, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 1:27 am

We just bred 2 gilts last week and should be breeding 2 more this week. Just shipped some semen to California and Michigan, so hopefully we should have some black outs all about the same time.
Back to top Go down
johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 10:51 am

well it seems like I Have caused i bit of a misunderstanding. but my point of view and which i feel is a good point, is that Out There is the #1 sire in all this chaos, but thats still my opinion. I still think a breeder should take his boar to a show where a Judge can say those comments ... then you can have the bragging rights! is'nt that the reason why we compete in the show ring ? well all people have different likeings for example Some like Nikes Others like Sketchers so i think this is the same in the pig world some say Out Cattin Others Say Paparazzi and G5 says Black Out what we forget sometimes is that they fit differently in eveyones perspective..

** So on my Behalf, Lazy Oak, i agree with every comment you made and i still think every thing you said on all your posts are true. **

**SO this goes for everyone that posted... Just dont Forget why we're in this industry not for bragging rights BUT FOR two things: 1. for the LOVE of the industry 2. For the SUPPORT OF OUR YOUTH!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 2:44 pm

well i have seen Black out on a regular basis since he was a weanling and let me tell you all, he is a Power house and grew super quick G5 you have done a great Job with this Boar, Keep up the great work!

As for the the Best Out There Son... I really cant pick just one of them because i like them all. There's different uses for each one and we all have our preferences. Thats why I think all this might of gotten out of hand. But if you can sit down and see where all this started it all leads back to 1 boar and thats the SIRE OF ALL thats been posted recently... OUT THERE! It takes a couple of offspring to make a true sire and I think Out There has just proved to all of us that he is the best at what he was designed to do... Paparazzi, Out Cattin, Far N' Away, and Black Out are good in lots of peoples eyes because of their genetics and superb blood line..

Ty Clark ..Bud you have alot of right in every post you have written in this website and i back you 100% with what you mentioned, i understand competeing in a show is a MAJOR factor in spreading your Name throughout in the show pig world.

Why Black Out doesn't show only G5 Knows. What we really have to understand is that in Deep South Texas when we have something this good like Black Out it means alot to us down here and it hard to make 1 like this short monster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 9:26 pm

well and some people like me i think i have a pretty good duroc boar. the pics i postted of hm are crappy pics my water was turned off the day i set up for the pics. But here in Ok i dont know any shows that alllow boars to show. i would have like to put my duroc and a new york boar that i have gotten in em. as far a takin them to duncan i would kinda be upset if they made sale and had to go. if there was shows that i could take them to where i didnt have to let them go or by them back if they went i sure would have taken them. SSSOO what i am trying to say is maybe that is where G5 is having his problem. I think all 3 boars are good in there own right. I think that if Black Out was put to a really sound yorkshire sow i think that would make some OUTSTANDING cross's. but these 3 boars shows what Out There can do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
jgarcia

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty27th October 2010, 9:42 pm

Jay you have stated a very interesting point when you said that all the boars have something to offer. A true breeder knows what he has the strong points, weak point, genetics, and how he can compliment it to get to what he wants. This is why we always have to keep an open mind if we stay stuck in our stubborn ways then that is when we get left behind. My daughter are barely going on their second year showing but my family use to be deeply rooted in this and let me tell you what is right now is not what was right before and maybe what will be right in the future. Not one person determines what is proper but rather the industry as a whole.

KEEP AN OPEN MIND, LEARN FROM THE PAST, AND HOPE FOR THE FUTURE...
NEVER AT ANY POINT FORGET ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Miss no_no

Miss no_no

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty28th October 2010, 10:37 am

well i have to agree with a couple of things mentioned here by some of you all.
the best out there son is paparrazzi in my point but i would rather breed to their roots and go with Out There
* Jay you have just hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that all these boars have a purpose and a preference to different people and there perspectives..i strongly agree with that.

* Ty i agree with you as well when ever a breeder wants to have its bragging rights and prove to the pig nation that the boar is the best out there son you should have a comment said by a NSR Rep. or a judge ,and then you have that to back up your boar..

Last edited by Miss no_no on 28th October 2010, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjaggi

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty28th October 2010, 12:00 pm

The thing is that even with paparrazi, you ultimately cannot say that he is the best out there son because neither comments were said at Duncan. The only way you all could validate what is said is by having a show with all past and present winners, all the same age showing against each other.

So then again, it all comes down to opinion. The NSR reps should have nothing to do with whether or not the boar is good. It is just a marketing and promoting tool that you could use. But know body from the NSR said that he was the best.

Here is another thing that I keep on seeing. Apparently, the g5 boar is not being validated by you all because he is not going to any shows. HELLO... what show would you want for him to go to. None of the major allow entries that are his age. They said it themselves on a previous post.

All three boars are good and it is just the opinion of s/he. I would love to have any of those boars in my barns, it would be a game changer in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty28th October 2010, 1:01 pm

We have all stated that Black Out is a good boar. It is his title that is not validated and like you said when it all comes down to it it is folks opinion and judging by the comments on this site as well as the other site where he is discussed the majority of the comments say that Paparazzi is the "Best Out There Son".

The NSR Reps make trips to thousands of farms on a regular basis and see all the hogs that step foot in the ring as well as more boars like Black Out that never get the chance to be shown. They make many trips through Texas and are allways ready to visit farms that are said to have a great Boar housed at. With that said when Kade, Ralph, Clint & and the rest of the crew speak high about a boar there is alot of people that listen and as I stated when I first brought up the NSR Reps. When they talk highly of a boar the Boars popularity skyrockets as well as semen sales. With all of these comments made that is what we are all wishing for G5 and Black Out is for Him to earn that popularity and make G5 alot of money in sales. So yes like i said befor the reps are an extremely good marketing and promoting tool to take advantage of to get the most out of a boar. In the end that is what it is all about to have the boar gain as much popularity across the States and sell as much semen out of him as possible.
You have expressed your opinions on this topic and everyone on this site respect each and everyones opinions and I can speak for majority on this site by saying we all want the best for G5 and Black Out and want to see them succeed to theyre fullest potential and wish them nothing but success in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics   Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics Empty

Back to top Go down

Far N' Away @ OBC Genetics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next