Championshowpigs
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Truegl10
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Lazyoa10
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Reunio10
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Southt10
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Topofo10
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Cainsiresstatic
SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Carter10

SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SFASUshowman

SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty
PostSubject: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty16th October 2010, 1:52 pm

The Stephen F Austin State University Swine Center has some very exciting prospects on the ground. This year we will be selling everything Private Treaty at the Farm starting on October 21. To set an appointment please contact Dr Erin Brown @ 936-468-4433 or Jarred Haynie, Swine Center Student Manager @ 936-234-0829.
Standouts are :
mid August York litter by Outcross(LVS) on a Perfect Storm Sow
*Pigs from this same mating last year won a few classes
at County shows this Spring and they looked no where near
as good as this litter does at this age. I think these Yorks will
be super competitive in both the barrows and gilts.

Late August Berk litter by Black Mambo(LVS) on a History Maker Sow
* Power house gilt in this litter was 25 pounds @ 28 days.
3 more were over 20 lbs that day, but even the smaller end
of this litter is super powerful, correct and fancy. 1 boar will
go to Duncan if he doesnt sell on the farm first. 2 super boar
prospects that would also make excellent berk barrows.

Early Sept Poland Litter by Fast Forward
*all gilts in this litter, but they are big, super correct, soggy
made kind, that should really do well in the breeding shows

Early Sept Cross Litter by Super Special on a 106-5 sow
* This cross sow showed well herself and is probably one of
our most succesful producers. But I dont think any of her
litters have ever measured up to this one. These are super
stout, stylish,and correct pigs that are really gonna play in
the dark crosses.

10 total litters to choose from I just named the stars of the bunch, but our quality runs deep this year, we also have 5 other cross litters, another Berk litter, and a Chester litter.

Quality show pigs starting as low as $150-$200...we will be pricing them on Monday so I will update with prices after that!
Back to top Go down
johnny5

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty16th October 2010, 5:58 pm

where are you all located?
Back to top Go down
SFASUshowman

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty16th October 2010, 9:13 pm

We are in Nacogdoches TX
Back to top Go down
SFASUshowman

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty21st October 2010, 11:04 pm

First day of pig sales off to a GREAT start! Sold the majority of what we offered today, mostly for local county shows! But in my opinion the best 2 are still in the barn.
1) AWESOME York Gilt - Farrowed August 24th, she is big, wide, and square. Soundness concern you, with this gilt it wont. She was outside today from 1 pm until after 6pm being walked pretty much the entire time as people looked at her and even after all that time on her feet she was still walking as sound and true as you could possibly ask one to. This gilt would be a great deal for someone looking for a competitive breeding gilt for the majors, but she could also be competitive as a market hog at a county show that allows you to show gilts. And she should be a Jackpotter's dream. EVERYONE liked her today, but needed barrows! She is priced @ $600 and if she doesnt sale we will keep her and show her ourselved and then breed her. She is out of Outcross(LVS) and a Perfect Storm sow.

2) Amazing Berk Barrow- In my opinion this one is a major steal at $300. Out of Black Mambo(LVS) and a History Maker sow. This boar is entered in the weanling sale at Duncan, but is priced to move from the farm. This one is as big footed, square hipped, expressively topped and wide based as you can ask for one to be. While many today said that it would be a waste of an exceptional boar to cut this one. I think he would be a dream for the serious feeder to take and make a Berk Barrow for the majors. Farrowed August 28th, weighing about 50 lbs now.

We also have a REALLY nice Hamp marked cross gilt out of a Chumbley bred sow and Super Special(Cobb). This gilt is a little younger(Sept 19) and just weaned on Monday, but I think she will be a rock star in the lightweights. And she shouldnt have any issue getting there. She is priced at $300.

We have several other Mid August to Early September pigs, mostly gilts priced in the $100 - $200 range, Polands, Berks, Yorks, and Crosses. I just named the ones that I just named the ones I think will be rock stars.

For those of you looking for pigs for those later county shows, we have about 5 litters that will be weaning over the next couple weeks that should be very competitive and they will be very reasonably priced due to their age. We will have Berks, Chesters, and crosses in this group!
Back to top Go down
johnny5

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty22nd October 2010, 11:40 pm

will this litters be registered.
Back to top Go down
SFASUshowman

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty24th October 2010, 5:13 pm

Yes the York, Poland, Chester, and both Berk Litters will be registered.
We sold the rockstar Cross gilt Friday morning. We still have the York Gilt and the Berk Boar though I just noticed a typo...he is actually priced at $500 if he doesnt sale now we will either take him to Duncan, or hold onto him and show him at Ft Worth and San Antonio...I think both he and his littermate gilt have a REAL chance at winning in these breeding shows as does the York Gilt.
If we retain this Boar he will show and sale at Belton in March!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales   SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

SFASU Swine Center Show Pig Sales
Page 1 of 1