Championshowpigs
115 days Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
115 days Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
115 days Truegl10
115 days Lazyoa10
115 days Reunio10
115 days Southt10
115 days Topofo10
115 days Cainsiresstatic
115 days Carter10

115 days

Go down 
+8
jgarcia
hrqrts
g5farms
RGV
ReunionRidge
TClark
peppyskydancer
J and P
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
J and P

115 days Empty
PostSubject: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 6:59 am

Gilt is at day 115, how long is safe to wait and what can we do.
Thanks for any and all input. Don`t really know squat about farrowing pigs.
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 9:23 am

well i was told not to let them go past 118 days
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingngenetics.webs.com
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 12:36 pm

What I would suggest is that you be patient and let nature take its coarse. Check her regularly and feel for movement from the babies in her belly as long as there is movement in there everything is fine, all hogs are different when it comes to farrowing. If it does get to day 118 and still have not farrowed I would have a hog vet come out and check her just make sure she is good and healthy. gilts and sows have been known to farrow at 120 days just all depends on the pig. As long as she is healthy and her temp. is normal she will farrow when she is meant to. You just have to be patient, it will happen.
Also another note of advice is if you dont know squat on farrowing you need to do your homework on it and learn as much as you can prior to these situations. There is a ton of info. on the web and can teach you everything you need to know step by step. To be successful you have to become a student of your trade.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
ReunionRidge

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 2:34 pm

i say 2cc of lute. i dont let gilts go if they arent looking like farrowing on evening of day 113 i enduce have had to many peoblems letting them go longer. the shot takes 24-36 hours to work. so therefore the piglets have 114 days. this is just my own opinion. but as far as letting nature take its coarse nothing we do is nature from the birth of the sow or gilt we have farrowing high hoped up feeds, shots to make her start cycling, matrix to make her come in when we want, and then the actual artifical insemenation, so like i said nothing to me is really nature in this. but a good point was made by tclark all hogs are different/ good luck to you
Back to top Go down
http://www.reunionridgefarm.com
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 2:39 pm

First off like Tclark said you should have read all you could find and talked with people how have been there and done that first. i had read books and stuff and i was lucky i had our local 4H leader there to help and show me what all needed to be done and I was sooo lucky the first i ever had to farrow out was a breeze, are they all going to be easy NO. this latest gilt i had to faffrow out was not so lucky. she is ok now but we had to go and pull all her pigs because they are where and one we didnt get pulled and had to wait for it to die and start decaying so she could pass it.
Back to top Go down
RGV

RGV

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 2:48 pm

JandP I would hit her up with lute
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 4:51 pm

give the pigs a chance to mature. We have had pigs born at 120 days with no problems. The unnatural things that we do typically will not advance the maturity in baby pigglets so be aware of the that. You might not want to hit it to quickly because if there is not enough oxytocin in the blood then you will have a birth with plenty of problems. Just be patient and check her breathing and body language to make sure she is not sick or check to see if she is not pushing to make sure that there is not a dead stuck pigglet. Just my thoughts. Let us know
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
hrqrts

hrqrts

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 5:08 pm

we induce them at 114 days to farrow on day 115. If she has a full udder and such I would go ahead and induce her...Lutalyse 1cc in the am and 1cc in the afternoon. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
jgarcia

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 5:18 pm

All of you are right from what I have gathered however there are some questions that need to be answered like.... What does her vulva look like,? Any bleeding? What does her stomach look like, is she calm? Her breathing, her udder, pulse. These are all information and different issues that help come to a conclusion we can all draw from our personal experiences but only you can provide the most procise details to help draw more accurate conclusion.
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty11th August 2010, 5:22 pm

agreed i was sitting here thinking about that same. my gilt was induced and she had all kinds of trouble. but i am think that maybe it was just the way she was build on that part tho more than anything.. but she was ready to go , her vulva was swollen and she was as full as a tick, she was very restless
Back to top Go down
J and P

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty13th August 2010, 4:14 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the input. We hit her with 1 cc Lut. on evening of 11 th, this morning at 6:30 feeding what else but 11 healthy pigs.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty13th August 2010, 4:17 pm

at least it was an easy process for you and her
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 12:56 am

Congrats glad everything worked out. We are having the same thing happen to us with our 5th litter. We are coming up on Day 118 and still no pigs on the ground. gave first dose of Oxytocin 12 hrs ago and 6 hrs later milk sacs were squirting good but now hardley getting a bubble out and just my luck when I went out to give the 2nd dose of Oxy. as I was changing the needle to a larger one I lost my last cc. just a careless mistake on my part. now I just have to sit and wait to see what happens. Not lookin good but havent given up hope just yet.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 1:16 am

thats where the dedication of this BUSSINESS come in the picture don't give up and have plenty of FAITH it will all pull thru as planned..What litter was this ???? GOOD LUCK Bro..
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 1:25 am

More than likely gonna lose this litter, but stranger things have happened this would be the Full Dimension X Diablo litter. I have allways been on top of things and prepared for these situations but in this case I am not prepared, My own fault now I will have to pay the price. Still have good movement in the belly but the chance's of success are dwendling by the hr.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 1:38 am

well if there's movement thats a little possibility maybe you be able to pull thru have faith bro, If you lose the litter will all i have to say is that i know the feeling and all i can advise you is the same thimg other breeders told me, Move on foward and you will have a better luck with her next litter,this mistakes happen to the best of breeders why cant it happen to us ameture breeders like us..well Bro thats Sad to hear i feel you right now i lost the litter of my chesters after looking foward to them all thru the pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 1:47 am

Thanks bud I ain't gonna let it bring me down. I am headed up to my buddy James in the a.m to pick up some Lute hopefully its not too late.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 2:14 am

sounds good Bro. will keep praying for a good turn out .
Back to top Go down
peppyskydancer

peppyskydancer

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 10:20 am

keep us posted on how things turn out... i am sure every thing will be alright for you. at least i hope they do for you
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 11:40 am

Thanks Amanda, I know everything will be allright no matter what happens with this litter these are just the speed bumps in the process of farrowing season. If it allways went perfect everyone would raise hogs. Personally I take it out on myself because I expect perfection from myself and and expect more and better preperation than I had coming into the weekend. I have allways prided myself on being on top of things and prepared for anything that could happen but this past week I took myself for granted and the big man up stairs had to let me know I was slacking. I heard the big man and I am back on track today. still had good movement from the babies inside this morning and administerred 1.5cc's of lutalyce in the gilt now I have sit wait and prey that I recieve a mulligan on my slacking and everything turns out on the positive side. Thanks for all the positive comments and thoughts Ty Clark
Back to top Go down
texan

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 5:09 pm

i had a gilt just farrow this morning that was 7 days overdue!!!!! litter looks great and are very active!!! Ty You should have prob giver her atleast 5cc of the lute and u can almost guarentee that u will have pigs on the ground within 24 hours!!!! I have been breeding for many years now and it always seems no matter how prepared you may be you will always have a misshappen in the farrowing barn every year!! Good luck man hope all goes well... Also when she spits out the first one make sure u giver her 1cc of oxytocin to help her with the rest!!!
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty15th August 2010, 6:37 pm

Thanks Texan, I know what you mean about there allways being at least one mishap during farrowing season it never fails. I am going to steer clear of giving her 5cc's of lute though. I gave her 1.5cc's this morning and will give her 2cc's 12 hours after the first dose. I have used this method everytime I have ever Induced and have had good results and have allways had the sows go into labor within 36hrs. The only thing different about this situation and all of my other times is I have never given it this late (day 118) on a first parity gilt. So I have prepared myself for the worse which is losing the whole litter that way anything other than that outcome I would consider a success.
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty17th August 2010, 12:51 am

Well we finally got this stubborn a** gilt to farrow well somewhat I guess. She spit out 4 and happy to say 3 of the 4 are alive but it has now been going on 7 hours and nothing else but we are certain there are several left in her. Nothing stuck up in her she is just not pushing anymore and the Oxytocin doesnot seem to be working on her anymore. gonna be a long night of sittin and waitin on her to pass the rest. still have some movement in her so I guess we will see what happens. I have my litter 6 due tomarrow and I am certain her litter will lift my spirits after this ordeal. 3 litters still left to farrow for the year and man I need some big numbers to pick up this years avg. but shoot fire the quality is there.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty17th August 2010, 1:00 am

good News bro something is BETTER than NOTHING at least you have something good to say after all this sleepless weekend? Well good Luck with the Coco litter..
Back to top Go down
TClark

TClark

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty17th August 2010, 1:20 am

Thanks Jay I agree something is better than nothing, thats the gamble that you take with them 1st parity show gilts, you just never know how they are gonna react to the farrowing process not her fault though she just didnt know what she was supposed to do and I am ok with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

115 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 115 days   115 days Empty

Back to top Go down

115 days
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next