Championshowpigs
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Truegl10
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Lazyoa10
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Reunio10
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Southt10
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Topofo10
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Cainsiresstatic
Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Carter10

Purchasing 8 wk old gilts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
New2pigs

Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty
PostSubject: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty1st June 2010, 3:56 pm

We will be purchasing (2) 8 wk old gilts, are there any shots that we need to give them?
Back to top Go down
RGV

RGV

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty1st June 2010, 4:19 pm

Ask the breeder what shots he has given to them, normally all their shots should be given in the fist 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
New2pigs

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty1st June 2010, 4:31 pm

I got a shot list from a vet but with us being so new to this, I'm just plain old confused about what needs to be give when.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty1st June 2010, 9:41 pm

There are always going to be a ton of shots that need to be given but RGV is right , by six weeks they should already have all the shots they need . At this point give them awhile on feed and then worry about deworming. Like I have said before, pigs can take a lot and still grow healthy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
New2pigs

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty2nd June 2010, 8:22 am

Well we have two barrows under our belt. They came to us grossly underweight and now the are putting on weight and are doing way better then what I thought they would.

It's going to be hard on me to see them go. Our son on the other hand sees the money that they might bring and in return will help him purchase his gilts without crunching into his pig pen expansion fund.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing 8 wk old gilts   Purchasing 8 wk old gilts Empty

Back to top Go down

Purchasing 8 wk old gilts
Page 1 of 1