Championshowpigs
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Truegl10
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Lazyoa10
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Reunio10
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Southt10
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Topofo10
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Cainsiresstatic
Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Carter10

Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
g5farms

g5farms

Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty
PostSubject: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty7th April 2010, 4:18 pm

Hello everyone , we have a hamp exotic boar prospect that could be one of the best we have ever raised and this is taking a big shot but at this age , he is probably the best that I have ever seen. 30 minutes before I was going to take him out of the crate, he stepped on a nail and cut the pad on his foot . He will not put pressure on it unless he really needs. The nail on one side looks like it might be wanting to fall off . Is this guy going to be able to recover? What should be my next step ? I am serious guys , this one could be the ONE! Thanks to all that reply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty7th April 2010, 4:34 pm

Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Sany2110

Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Sany2111
Back to top Go down
trivswine

trivswine

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty7th April 2010, 6:18 pm

I would put some type of hoof dressing on it daily to seal and protect, and put him in a pin with at least 4 inches of shavings in it to cushion. Had a sow tear a pad, did this and after a couple of weeks she is walking fine again.
Back to top Go down
ShowPigD

PostSubject: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty7th April 2010, 11:13 pm

Hey g5 nice prospect but sad to hear what happend I would try what trivswine recommended you. How is he bred and what do you plan on doing with him very nice hog to see go to waist. We live up here in Dallas, TX and my son’s show hogs at the state fair I wouldn’t mind taking that one very nice.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty8th April 2010, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the responses . Right now we are going to try to give this guy a chance to get better. it would be a shame to try and let this one get away from us. We will keep you updated on our decision . We have two littermate gilts and a littermate barrow that we are also feeding out.
Back to top Go down
ShowPigD

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty8th April 2010, 9:52 pm

Hey G5 so how is he bred?? you should post some pic. of the littermates.
Back to top Go down
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty15th April 2010, 2:23 pm

He is out of Out there . We are actually going to be selling 2 littermate gilts on the showpig shop online auction in a week or so . We will keep you updated . Pictures will be taken on the weekend or beginning next week .
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty7th May 2010, 12:40 am

Hey G/5
How's the prospect doing ? i hope his doing much better can you post some pictures to see how his progressing ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
g5farms

g5farms

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty8th May 2010, 11:39 pm

Jay, I will try to post pictures soon. He is walking like a champ . Thanks to everyone that gave me advice.
Back to top Go down
hrqrts

hrqrts

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty12th May 2010, 8:29 pm

I would load him up with PenG and make him walk on it. Good Luck!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help   Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Boar Prospect Ever with a Hurt Pad... Please Help
Page 1 of 1