Championshowpigs

IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS

Forum  homehome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Matrix vs. PG600

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Illinois

PostSubject: Matrix vs. PG600   1st January 2010, 1:31 pm

I need to know what is the difference between matrix and PG600. From what I understand, PG600 only works with gilts that have not cycled yet and Matrix works with sows or gilts that have cycled. I just need this cleared up. Thank you and happy new years
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: Matrix vs. PG600   1st January 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey illinois, i really dont know to much on the Matrix,But i've used the PG600 with my gilt and sows ? as a matter a fact this past year i used it to one of my sows that i never saw here cycle and i hit her with the PG 600 and it made her cyclein 3 days so i can tell you it works really good on gilts and sows ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
timber

PostSubject: Re: Matrix vs. PG600   1st January 2010, 3:10 pm

I beleive matrix can be used on sows that have cycled already. It is really meant for a larger group because it is a bit expensive.
Back to top Go down
#^@%$

PostSubject: Re: Matrix vs. PG600   1st January 2010, 6:59 pm

P G 600 is used to induce a cycle on a young gilt who has not yet starting cycling. It will not work if the gilt has allready cycled for the first time.

Matrix is used to sync groups of sows or gilts estrus cycles together it is an easy way to get all of your herd bred at the same time.
Ty
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.layoakgenetics.com
MinyardShowPigs

PostSubject: Re: Matrix vs. PG600   12th February 2010, 10:23 pm

You need to keep a close eye on the cycling period of your gilts, right before puberty of young gilts or at first signs of ovulation you can give pg600.. However, if gilts are already cycling and are given PG600, there is a 70% chance that they will grow and ovulate follicles, but will fail to express estrus. Do not immediately give a second injection if gilts fail to respond to the 1st injection. Some gilts actually ovulate after the 1st injection but fail to show estrus and therefore a 2nd injection would only induce new ovulations and result in a greater delay to next estrus. Pg600 works in young gilts in conunction with PMS and HCG that occur naturally, the horomones provided with pg600 are FSH and LH, an they provide additional horomones to aid in required development and ovulation. Pg600 can also decrease time for sows from farrowing back to producing estrus.

Matix is used for parallel control of of estrus synchronization is sexually mature, cycling female's. It is a synthetic progestagen the supresses estrogen. Statistics of matrix after being injected, is usually around 85% of your active swine will be in estrus cycle within 4-9 days, after a 14 day cycle treatment of matrix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.minyardshowpigs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matrix vs. PG600   

Back to top Go down

Matrix vs. PG600
Page 1 of 1