Championshowpigs
Duroc Boars Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Duroc Boars Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Duroc Boars Truegl10
Duroc Boars Lazyoa10
Duroc Boars Reunio10
Duroc Boars Southt10
Duroc Boars Topofo10
Duroc Boars Cainsiresstatic
Duroc Boars Carter10

Duroc Boars

Go down 
+3
#^@%$
Jay Aguilar
g5farms
7 posters
AuthorMessage
g5farms

g5farms

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty27th December 2009, 4:23 pm

Which Duroc boar is best known for adding bone size , width of body , and muscle . I guess I am asking for a lot here but I am looking for a boar that would work on mostly anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty27th December 2009, 9:27 pm

Hey G5, i've heared that hershey from lean value sires is good,and i've heared that badger from shipley ? whats the back ground on your sow or gilt ?

Last edited by Jay Aguilar on 15th January 2010, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
g5farms

g5farms

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty27th December 2009, 10:29 pm

well that is kind of a tricky question for me. We are going to get a Duroc I believe but I honestly dont know that much about durocs. I am just trying to get ideas so anything works
Back to top Go down
http://www.g5farms.com
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty27th December 2009, 11:50 pm

Hey G5, i know where you coming from? actually i started my herd with a duroc that i Purchased from a GOOD friend JH Ramirez ? she was a Dakota Red X Dominator gilt and we bred her to Freak Show (LVS) and got more bone in the litter but it seems with this Durocs we need to put more bone and depth than any thing every time. i stayed with 2 gilts from that litter and bred both to unforgettable(LVS) and got the depth sold one but its the same as breeding any other breed we have to do our homework to see what we like and whats he done in the past and present ? i'am planning to use Hershey with the Freak Show X Unforgettable and the Dakota Red X Dominator using Absolute or Gods Gift
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
Genetics

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty28th December 2009, 11:17 am

Hey you might consider Lean Values new Duroc boar. That boar looks like he would work on pretty much anything. He is not proven, but it would be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
showtime

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty28th December 2009, 7:33 pm

Check out the duroc on the comments and suggestions, that was from triple b sires boar
Back to top Go down
#^@%$

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty28th December 2009, 8:38 pm

Triple B's "I Max"did a good job for us this year added some bone and soften them up. Powerwheels at Olsens did a real good job for us litter was blown apart heavyboned and super sound. I would say Powerwheels made more of an impact compared to the sow's needs. I will use both boars again in the future. Ty
Back to top Go down
http://www.layoakgenetics.com
tkfshowpigs

tkfshowpigs

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty29th December 2009, 12:09 am

Duroc boars on stud that have worked for us are Can't Touch This and Buck Cherry at Prairie State. Our consignments to Belton will be out of these two boars and look darn good!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkfshowpigs.com
croskeyfarms

croskeyfarms

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty2nd January 2010, 8:29 pm

g5farms wrote:
Which Duroc boar is best known for adding bone size , width of body , and muscle . I guess I am asking for a lot here but I am looking for a boar that would work on mostly anything.

g5 i don't think you can go wrong with either absolute at real mccoys or juicy fruit at triple bbb i've seen pigs out of both of the studs and they add alot of true size to ther off spring i have a aug 29th gilt out of absolute on a spice that is weighing 210 that is just out of this world as far as bone,width and muscle. matter of fact the pigs are so good i breed the sow back to him for summer pigs. and my other duroc sow is bred for feb 14th pigs out of juicy fruit which he come from rick whitman and from what i saw out of him you cant go wrong. just my two cents good luck with your many choices out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.croskeyfarms.mysite.com
Berling Farms

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty7th January 2010, 3:30 pm

Our Duroc boar Twice Denied is out of Absolute X Cant Deny It. He represents what i have seen consistently with absolute pigs up this way. berlingshowpigs.com

Cody Berling
Berling Farms
Back to top Go down
JW Genetics

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty22nd January 2010, 6:00 pm

Imax is the best duroc you can find for those reasons and he isn't bad priced
Back to top Go down
JW Genetics

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty24th January 2010, 11:22 am

I need to find a duroc that is just pulled apart other than imax i've heard that ox whiskey joe and tug are all good please tell me what you think ut of these boars
OX gods gift Badit problem solver tug power wagon seein red
Back to top Go down
Berling Farms

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty24th January 2010, 3:24 pm

We had a litter of Whiskey Joe's this spring and we kept two gilts. They needed to be protected on structure, and base width though.

Cody
Back to top Go down
JW Genetics

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty24th January 2010, 6:24 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duroc Boars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duroc Boars   Duroc Boars Empty

Back to top Go down

Duroc Boars