Championshowpigs

IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS

Forum  homehome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

coughing pig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
help

PostSubject: coughing pig   20th December 2009, 7:23 pm

Guys and gals I have a pig coughing and it looks like it might be spreading to my other pigs. The cough has flem but doesn't seem to affect the pigs to muchm . I need it out , what do I do
Back to top Go down
tkfshowpigs

PostSubject: Re: coughing pig   20th December 2009, 10:44 pm

You can start a broad spectrum antibiotic such as penicillin and if any of them have fevers then start them on a fever reducer such as Banamine. That being said I am going to tell you what I tell every person that asks me health problems, talk to your vet. There are many pig producers that use this site that are experienced and could answer your question but a medical opinion is always best. They will be able to tell if it is an acute illness or a severe respiratory disease. I hope that helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tkfshowpigs.com
HELP

PostSubject: Re: coughing pig   21st December 2009, 1:59 am

TKF or anyone else, how long a regimen should I give the penicillin for.
Back to top Go down
klm

PostSubject: Re: coughing pig   22nd December 2009, 1:43 am

you can try a 3 day regimen. This should not affect your hog because it is just an antibiotic.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

PostSubject: Re: coughing pig   24th December 2009, 2:51 am

I've used Tylan 50 for three days ? and its helped ? but if she gets any worse just take her to your closes vet and get it checked to be in the safe side?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coughing pig   

Back to top Go down

coughing pig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Swine Health-
Jump to: