Championshowpigs
Help with holding hog at 275 Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Help with holding hog at 275 Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Help with holding hog at 275 Truegl10
Help with holding hog at 275 Lazyoa10
Help with holding hog at 275 Reunio10
Help with holding hog at 275 Southt10
Help with holding hog at 275 Topofo10
Help with holding hog at 275 Cainsiresstatic
Help with holding hog at 275 Carter10

Help with holding hog at 275

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gator

Help with holding hog at 275 Empty
PostSubject: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty17th December 2009, 1:05 pm

Our show is in one week and we have a 275 pound hog. How do I hold our hog without killing his look. We max out at 280
Back to top Go down
tkfshowpigs

tkfshowpigs

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty17th December 2009, 6:08 pm

Gator,

I am not sure what feed you are using but Moormans has a product called Navigator that you can use so the pig gets all the nutrients it needs but will limit the Rate of Gain. I am sure all feed brands have a similar product but when we used to fit show barrows Navigator worked really, really well.

ShowTec Pig Navigator
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkfshowpigs.com
champion

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty18th December 2009, 2:06 am

I have to agree with TKF. Navigator is a very good product that we have used over the years that will hold a pig back and still keeps them fresh. Just feed according to the instruction.

10200 MoorMan’s ShowTec 44% CP Top dress, 4-8 oz per day
Pig Navigator 5.0% lys 50 lb to show weight
as needed

.• Contains Blue Lite Electrolytes™️* for tissue rehydration following periods of stress such
as travel, co-mingling and show handling

• Contains unique yeast culture and an acidifier to promote proper intestinal pH and feed intake

• Contains unique combination of L-carnitine, chromium picolinate, and essential amino acids

• Contains Appetein™️

• Contains chelated trace minerals to promote healthy skin and hair growth

* Trademarks not owned by MoorMan’s, Inc.
Back to top Go down
trivswine

trivswine

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty18th December 2009, 9:53 am

Honor has a great product called PowerFill which is a complete feed. When fed a 3lbs. a day you will get one lb. of gain. I like to add a little beet pulp to it just for a little more fill. Keep in mind you will also get some shrinkage during transport to your show.
Back to top Go down
showpig2010

showpig2010

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty17th February 2010, 4:16 pm

three #'s of feed 2 #'s oats will hold at whatever weight you want
Back to top Go down
Countryboy

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty21st February 2010, 7:09 pm

weve used powerfill & it works very well but when we had a heavy pig we walked him like crazy.....before school & after until the sun went down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with holding hog at 275   Help with holding hog at 275 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with holding hog at 275
Page 1 of 1