Championshowpigs
Poland China Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Poland China Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poland China Truegl10
Poland China Lazyoa10
Poland China Reunio10
Poland China Southt10
Poland China Topofo10
Poland China Cainsiresstatic
Poland China Carter10

Poland China

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rookie

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: Poland China   Poland China Empty12th December 2009, 10:22 pm

Hello my son just joined 4-H and would like to showpigs. He is interested in Poland China breed. I am not familiar with pig breeds. does anyone have any suggestions on what breed we should choose? Or what breeders to use? Thank you and God Bless
Back to top Go down
JNH

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poland China   Poland China Empty13th December 2009, 10:59 am

Hi rookie

Poland is a great breed. If you are interested the 1st of jan i will have a litter.
Spots are a great breed also will have one to on jan too
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: breed   Poland China Empty13th December 2009, 3:43 pm

Rookie,
From past experiences I have noticed that individuals that are just starting off try to win it all there first time around. Take a moment and step back, analyze what you are trying to accomplish and determine what works best for you and your showman. Make sure that the breeder is trustworthy and try to stay away from the stress gene as much as possible because you could be raising a ticking time bomb. Lastly, remember to have fun because it should be fun for the whole family. Polands are great to start off with. I really liked the pure yorks because they just grow and you dont really have to worry about much.
Back to top Go down
bamma

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poland China   Poland China Empty15th December 2009, 8:14 pm

Polands are a good breed. You don't have to worry too much about growth. I'm just not sure who has stood out in the poland breed.
Back to top Go down
tkfshowpigs

tkfshowpigs

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poland China   Poland China Empty16th December 2009, 1:49 am

First I am going to echo some sentiments previously posted and say that the breed doesn't matter as long as you find one you and your family can enjoy having in your show barn. That being said my Dad and I just started raising Polands one year ago and have not regretted the decision a single day. I am a little biased but we have put together a set of sows that have produced in their young careers. Also we just recently purchased two gilts at National Barrow show that have great promise and added one more at the Team Purebred bred gilt sale. If you have questions or are seriously looking to start in the Poland breed we can help. One last comment before I end this long post, I would recommend showing and raising purebred pigs. Nothing against crossbreds because they have there well established place in this industry but with the education young people can get with the National Junior Swine Association and Team Purebred programs your son can get have such a great experience that will be with him for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkfshowpigs.com
Sponsored content

Poland China Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poland China   Poland China Empty

Back to top Go down

Poland China
Page 1 of 1