Championshowpigs
pig pox please help Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
pig pox please help Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
pig pox please help Truegl10
pig pox please help Lazyoa10
pig pox please help Reunio10
pig pox please help Southt10
pig pox please help Topofo10
pig pox please help Cainsiresstatic
pig pox please help Carter10

pig pox please help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tx10

pig pox please help Empty
PostSubject: pig pox please help   pig pox please help Empty27th September 2009, 8:51 pm

Does anyone have any remedies for pig pox. I cant seem to get it out of our place and I dont know if its seasonal or not. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. thank you
Back to top Go down
piggy

PostSubject: Re: pig pox please help   pig pox please help Empty30th September 2009, 12:44 pm

Swine pox is carried by the mange mite. Make sure your sows are sprayed or ivomeced before going into the crates. No antibiotic is effective for this as it is a virus. I have sometimes limited the spread of pox by spraying each lesion with purple lotion spray. Good luck, Piggy
Back to top Go down
rightgen

PostSubject: some other ideas   pig pox please help Empty30th September 2009, 10:17 pm

piggy thats a very good description and I think I will try exactly what you said. We usually try Ivomec at least two weeks before the sows farrow and at first sign of any pox. It has taken a couple of years but I think we have taken it all out. Just something else you could try.
Back to top Go down
tx10

PostSubject: Re: pig pox please help   pig pox please help Empty30th September 2009, 10:30 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pig pox please help   pig pox please help Empty

Back to top Go down

pig pox please help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Championshowpigs :: Championshowpigs Bulletin :: Swine Health-
Jump to: