Championshowpigs
stiff walking Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
stiff walking Csswhi10
IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS TO REGISTER FOR FREE. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE VISITORS
Championshowpigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum  homehome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Advertising  Log inLog in  HomeHome  
If you have not been to our forum , we have plenty of more advertisements and many new topics .
Make sure to upload your pictures on the Championshowpigs Gallery and create your own personal album
Welcome to Champion Show Pigs
Make sure to contact us to get a free link to your website.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
stiff walking Truegl10
stiff walking Lazyoa10
stiff walking Reunio10
stiff walking Southt10
stiff walking Topofo10
stiff walking Cainsiresstatic
stiff walking Carter10

stiff walking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
buster

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty3rd December 2009, 4:35 pm

I have a pig that walks good for the first 5 minutes and then gets stiff on the hind end and starts walking funny. What could i possibly do to correct the problem.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty4th December 2009, 12:24 am

Buster does it cramp and start swinging it's hind legs???< Osteochondrosis > * the legs are tuked beneath the body * The Hocks turn inwords and are closer together * The pig walks with a goose stepping action * Abnormal gaits arise either from pain in the joints or abnormal movements in the hind legs from the hips which give a swaying motion.The pain is associated with damage to the sensitive membranes around the joints resulting from either splitting or erosion of the cartilage in the joints or movementof the growthplates.Some pigs however may show severe clinical signs yet on post mortem examinations the joints appear normal or vice versa. Joints may become inflamed(arthritis),particularly in the hip,Knee and elbow.OCD may be seen within three mths of gilts being introduced on the farm , during pregnancy, in lactation or in the first 2 to 3 weeks post weaning. Sorry theres NO SPECIFIC TREATMENT FOR OCD, however at an early stage the pig should be moved from its existing enviroment to a WELL-BEDDED pen where the foot can gri. IF NOT, THE LESSIONS PROGRESS and ULTIMATELY ARTHRITIS AND PERMANENT LAMENESS DEVELOP. sullivans sells an asprin free paste if you going to show the hog give it 2-3 hrs prior to show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aguilarshowpigs.com
buster

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty4th December 2009, 6:30 am

Thanks , he walks great when he gets out of his pen. Then after about 5 mins he gets tired and and his hind feet get stiff and he walks funny throwing his rear end both ways. His rear muscles on bothe rear legs get real hard and his veins pop out. I have him in a pen that is filled with sand.
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty4th December 2009, 2:18 pm

Hey Buster, those where the same symptoms with my gilt ? before she starts to cramp she starts squeling and her veins start poping and then the swinging start to occur .you can try to lower here protein i might be wrong ? go ahead in do research on OCD and see if those are the same symptoms your talking about ?
Back to top Go down
buster

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty4th December 2009, 7:39 pm

Mr. Aguilar that is the same thing this one is doing. She doesnt squeal as much but her veins start poping out and then the swinging starts and she gets real tired as if she had walked 3 miles
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty8th December 2009, 1:46 am

Hey Buster I'am Very Sad to hear that ? i figured it would be something like that when i first heard your topic, but SOMETIMES we can be wrong? give her that asprin free paste from sullivans supply it helps for her to get to the show ring and back ? but if been there and i feel where your coming from Buster? whats her weight by any chance ? there is a web site called the pig site ? look for your self there is alot of knowledge you can get from there? click to swine health and click the topic leg weakness and read the topic in OCD ? feel free to reply thats why we are the FASTEST growing web site in the NATION cause were here to HELP ONE ANOTHER? Thank you for understanding what i had to say
Back to top Go down
Jay Aguilar

Jay Aguilar

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty12th December 2009, 1:06 am

Hey Buster ? how are you doing ? how is the hog coming along have you had time to research on the site i had listed for you ? if so, does it sound familiar to what i had told you in the past reply ? well keep me in touch see how she's coming along ? Do'nt worry were here to HELP YOU IN ANY WAY we can help ? this is the GOOD THING about this site that we are all UNITED AS ONE to help one another and our future generation ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stiff walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: stiff walking   stiff walking Empty

Back to top Go down

stiff walking
Page 1 of 1